Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

It's actually insane how he never gets injurd with the amount of games he plays.

He's a physicial freak of nature.

Crazy thing is when I watch him, even in the 90+ minute mark he never look tired. 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It's actually insane how he never gets injurd with the amount of games he plays.

Crazy thing is when I watch him, even in the 90+ minute mark he never look tired. 

Even when he did get injured he still managed to score before coming off and then proceeded to miss a grand total of one game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We have to start the Watkins for POTS award now. Like the oscars do for films, We have to push it. 

Aren't these things already voted for? 

53 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

When do u ever get a player who always wins on the pre season beep test , and then has the explosiveness of a sprinter, plus never gets injured.  A unicorn

How many goals and assists will he end up with once the season is over? Crazy, he has been outstanding and has become one of our greatest players of the PL era!

We have the best manager, goalkeeper and CF of our time in the Prem… at the very least… maybe a few others deserve such a shout too…

Unai just transforms and elevates players (only the elite managers and coaches are capable of doing that)… so fortunate to have him at the club… breaking records and has his players breaking records left, right and centre!! What a blessing, what a dream…

Ollie is going to add to these… goals AND assists… no one close to him this season…

Could end up with BOTH most goals and assists for us in the PL in a single season… that is mental…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2024 at 15:29, VillaJay said:

Ollie will be 29 next season has a contract with us until he's 32 and he's in his prime, can't see anyone paying the money we'd want for him.

As crazy as it sounds though, depending on FFP if we were offered 100m+ I'd consider it, if it meant we had room to buy 3/4 top top level players to take us on another level. Spurs have sold Bale and Kane and still pushed on.

Unai also has a history of getting goals from his number 9s everywhere he goes.

Can't see us selling anyway and Ollie has been brilliant for us and would be difficult to replace.

I think he is too entrenched in the project.....money talks of course.

but you can easily spend £100 mill unwisely too.....so it's not always a good move.

I think Ollie is an integral cog, in the way we play....so selling him, would not be prudent to me.

Ollie is fast approaching, as important to us as Jack......if he hasn't surpassed that already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

but you can easily spend £100 mill unwisely too.....so it's not always a good move.

I think Ollie is an integral cog, in the way we play....so selling him, would not be prudent to me.

Ollie is fast approaching, as important to us as Jack......if he hasn't surpassed that already.

He will play till he is at least 35 at the top level is my guess. He is just built for football.  explosveness  stamina and physical durability in equal measure.

6 hours ago, Cizzler said:

This is just a mental opinion. He's having a fantastic season - but he's not better than Mbappe.

Haaland is also 5 years younger than him and clearly not recovered properly from his mid-season injury. He scored 36 in 35 games last season in his first PL season as a 22 year old.

The Kane slander (made by a few on here) is also really off. The only thing Ollie has over Kane is the ability to run in behind. Trying to paint the narrative that Kane is just a goal-scorer is bizarre, he's a fantastic passer of the ball. His first touch is a million times better than Watkins. He's scored a lot more (33 goals) and still assisted close (10) vs. Watkins this season, and is in the CL semi-finals. He's a phenomenal player.

Sod your " facts ".

There's only one Oliver!!!

👀

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He will play till he is at least 35 at the top level is my guess. He is just built for football.  explosveness  stamina and physical durability in equal measure.

Yeah looks after himself and obviously great genetics. Ashley Young v2

• Like 1

Just beautiful to watch on Sunday and such a humble lad. Comparisons to a real Villa legend in Gary Shaw and that spin off the defender that led to the third goal was very reminiscent of a prime Gary Shaw.

With that amount of goals and assists, without penalties, he must be favourite for player of the year. I really hope he gets that record of premiere League goals, in a season, at Villa Park. I remember how Andy Gray would fully soak in the adulation of a packed Holte - End whenever he  scored a vital goal, and he scored many.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I think the Arsenal fan thing gets exaggerated. That Holte - End can be something special to a goalscorer. Little, Deehan, Gray and Big Peter, they all had that special connection. Can't forget that silky genius, Gary Shaw. I often think of what a player he could have become. Real Madrid type quality. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Insania. But this is what happens when you have Emery as a manager . Put the right players making the right runs time after time and it becomes muscle memory in a way. He already has an idea where to play a ball due to repetition now.  The pau equaliser against Wolves, the outside of his foot back pass for Luiz against Brighton i think. The cross shot on Sunday for Bailey and the beautiful pass for Diabys are just a few. 

He has turned an inconsistent blow hot and cold talented plsyer into one of the most rounded and deadly in Europe. 

Normally the assist kings are those who do off the cuff stuff like Maddison and Wirtz or those who cross the ball like TTA or Ashley Young when he was here the first time.. The greatest compliment i can give Ollie is that he is equalling or outperforming those mavericks clearly with coaching and advice. Still doing his main job but also taken on a new skillset. 

Â