Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I think it's more that it's a bit tight. He did get treatment and was feeling it in the Brazil game. Obviously precautional. I think he'll be fine. Might not play against City.

19 minutes ago, supermon said:

If that's the case, don't risk him against City, likely going to lose that game anyway but hoping he's back for the next game at the weekend.

No chance he will play against the cheats on Wednesday if he has a hamstring tweak.  (We will be going there with a 2nd string side at this rate.)

Hope he is back for Brentford but worried about Unai's comments.

25 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

And also both goals today he wasn't involved with so we can score without him.

We were also really good second half - particularly when zaniolo came on and really amped up the press. Arguably better as a team second half than first. Great to have such a good striker but not be solely dependent on them.

• Like 2

I’m happy with the sub. Duran, Zaniolo and Rogers have a weird chemistry that is with exploration and depth is what makes that fun. 

He looked effected by all the talk of maybe missing out on the Euros. Why he hesitated with the chance that Youri had set up so beautifully, I'll never know. If ever a pass deserved a goal.

Self - pity won't do him any favours, and it certainly won't do us any favours. 

• Haha 3

Hopefully he ain't injured to badly. Reckon it will have to be managed for the rest of the season though and it will give Duran a chance to get some game time and maybe Rogers, Zaniolo as well. 

On 28/03/2024 at 05:49, Delphinho123 said:

It’ll be Toney. And I’m fine with that. The current England manager has taken any last ounce of enthusiasm I had for the national team from me and I simply couldn’t care less. His decisions are wrong and they aren’t reflective of what is actually happening in football. 

When he is gone, which he will be soon, I’ll start only ever so slightly caring again. 

Up the Watkins. 

Have to disagree a bit. We all know Southgate is not what England need. But I'm sure players view is different. Ollie must be thinking what have I got to do to get into that squad. And how long before the good youngsters in the squad start thinking if Ollie can't get in perhaps a move is best.  Can you imagine what it feels like to see Rashford and Maguire in the squad if you're Ollie and Ezri.  And what must other players think if 4th place villa get maybe 1 place and awful crappy Man Utd end up with 4. Just make you wonder.

1 hour ago, colhint said:

Have to disagree a bit. We all know Southgate is not what England need. But I'm sure players view is different. Ollie must be thinking what have I got to do to get into that squad. And how long before the good youngsters in the squad start thinking if Ollie can't get in perhaps a move is best.  Can you imagine what it feels like to see Rashford and Maguire in the squad if you're Ollie and Ezri.  And what must other players think if 4th place villa get maybe 1 place and awful crappy Man Utd end up with 4. Just make you wonder.

It’s a poor message from the England manager but I’m pretty certain once England can dumped out in the knock outs again it will be time for a new manager.

Â