Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, colhint said:

Have to disagree a bit. We all know Southgate is not what England need. But I'm sure players view is different. Ollie must be thinking what have I got to do to get into that squad. And how long before the good youngsters in the squad start thinking if Ollie can't get in perhaps a move is best.  Can you imagine what it feels like to see Rashford and Maguire in the squad if you're Ollie and Ezri.  And what must other players think if 4th place villa get maybe 1 place and awful crappy Man Utd end up with 4. Just make you wonder.

If their just going away to get beat then I don't see the point in going and that's what England are doing under Southgate and Holland. There's not a chance in hell we are getting past the first decent team with a good manager, that's a fact. 

I would rather go on holiday and make the most of my time off work, which is what most players are doing.  

When Southgate goes and if we then get a manager and coach who are decent then things might change. 

On 31/03/2024 at 03:50, Jareth said:

Duran gets a free hit at citeh - that suits his chaos style 

We should have a sweep on what time he gets his yellow card. 

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We should have a sweep on what time he gets his yellow card. 

1-10 mins = 1/40 on

45 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We should have a sweep on what time he gets his red card. 

FTFY 

14 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Any update on Watkins yet?

Should hear at todays press conference. Think it's usually between 1pm and 2pm.

John townley says that the hope is he will be back for the Brentford game. IMO it’s better that we make sure he’s ready for that one, I would rather he’s ready to go for the game at VP rather than risk him aggravate an injury today 

• Like 4

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

John townley says that the hope is he will be back for the Brentford game. IMO it’s better that we make sure he’s ready for that one, I would rather he’s ready to go for the game at VP rather than risk him aggravate an injury today 

Probably longer term view with the Lille matches too

• Like 1

The unthinkable happened, although in arguably the most perfect game for it to happen for. 

Hopefully we're going to be careful and not rush him back as a longer term injury is truly something we couldn't cope with. 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The unthinkable happened, although in arguably the most perfect game for it to happen for. 

Hopefully we're going to be careful and not rush him back as a longer term injury is truly something we couldn't cope with. 

It's almost been unfair of us to expect him to NEVER be injured in fairness.

As I mentioned in Duran thread, I'm strangely excited to see how we cope without him on a big stage.

I think it's opportunity for a few of them to play out of their skins!

• Like 3

We won without him second half and Man City away isn’t the worst game to miss as it is unlikely we will get a result either way. Duran’s unpredictability could work in our favour! Really hope he is back for a Brentford though, although wouldn’t surprise me if we have him longer and saw him against Lille. 

This is Ollie's first missed PL start since away at Brighton (2-1, thanks Ings!) on Nov 13, 2022. He must have been injured as I couldn't find anything else on why he was out that day.

An exceedingly rare occurence!

image.png.d90c1238c2a511672d05d53815d7ab0d.png

• Like 1

Not surprised he isn't fit for tomorrow. Probably a chance he doesn't make Brentford game the weekend either and is being saved for the Lille game. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Shame he's out but if there's ever a game to miss, Man City away is probably one of the better ones to be out for. 

Totally agree. Let him have a rest for week and come back raring to go.

Just now, 479Villan said:

Interested in a Diaby-Duran combo here honestly. And put Zaniolo in as well. 

Just add Rogers and it's the ultimate chaos 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just add Rogers and it's the ultimate chaos 

Chambers in goal! Put McGinn in a pair of Groucho Marx glasses with nose and mustache!

Edited by 479Villan
  • Haha 4

Â