Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's 23, that won't change.

UEFA coaches meeting in a couple of weeks, solid chance it changes after that. Southgate thinks it will. 90% of countries apparently supportive. 

• Shocked 1

Ollie's at his best on the break or advancing teams up the pitch with his link up play with runners around him against a coordinated high press. Ollie is not at his best sitting around in the box with nothing coming into it and/or dropping into CDM to "dictate" play.

England will face teams that will sit back against them and Southgate is obsessed with moving the ball along slowly and then winning corners, set pieces, and penalties - the latter of which Toney is better than Ollie is at.

He'll be left off the squad despite likely having the most G+A this season because he is an anathema to the way Southgate wants to play.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

That's the lowdown of it all.

• Toney has the slightly better scoring ratio in the Prem, but Ollie has played more games, more experience.
  • Ollie has scored over 10 goals in 9 seasons consecutively, Toney has done 6.
  • Both have good fitness records....but Toney has been out for such a long time, this season.

It is close, but for me to take 3 in a squad of 23, is ok.... 2 is a bit thin.

Totally agree - let’s be fair Toney is not a bad player at all, Personally I just don’t care for him, in regards to his attitude and think Ollie deserves his seat on the plane over Toney but I would be tempted to take all three tbh.

• Like 1

Loved his header to keep the ball in play, typical Ollie tbh, effort levels are always 100%. Think we may see a rejuvenated ollie once we get on with the serious business of the top 4, he will score against wolves, its almost guaranteed.

Â