Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Calling out his team mates in that interview.

Saying the team lacks maturity and game intelligence

No problem with this. Wish more players would do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'd day it's something they've spoke about openly if I'm honest, it's something that's happened too many times now.  

We need to be making a conscious effort to be fired up after half time.

Ollie’s right and leads by example. No matter the score - down, equal, ahead - he puts in the same amount of effort when others switch off as soon as they go ahead. 

• Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Think Unai didn’t want Ollie to be so public with his comments.

Both are correct though.

• Like 2

He’s a top player Ollie. We are so lucky to have him. The fact that he’s always fit is incredible when you consider the amount of work he puts in. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone. He’s perfect for us. Him and Martinez are the two players in our team who would be impossible to replace.
I really hope he gets his 20 league goals this season and he gets his place at the Euros off the back of it. He deserves all the success in the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Think Unai didn’t want Ollie to be so public with his comments.

I like what Ollie said. If he's banging in the goals he deserves the right to question why we can't close the game out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Deano's best signing and we are so lucky to have him. 

Mad that Dean also signed Emi Martinez and they cost about 50 mil total. Incredible business.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

If you read what he said he specifically states he is not calling out his teammates and he is included in what he said. 

• Like 2

I can see how it must be frustrating for him. He's doing everything asked of him, scoring, assisting, running the lines. He can't really control how terribly we defended. I'd be livid as well. Like: "lads pack it in you're making us look shite" 

Ollie is entitled to his opinions given how much he's done for us this season.

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Just want to be clear He included himself. Said they ALL had learning to do. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Couldn’t concentrate on the interview. Who is that masked gesticulating fella? 

I was gonna say...wtf have I just watched 😂

• Haha 1

Got no problem with what he said, nor his performance, but wonder if it was the wisest thing to throw that out in public.

Firstly, even though he says he's referring to himself as part of the team, he's clearly having a dig at players other than him who let Brentford back in the game. Wonder how well that will be received in the dressing room.

Secondly, it's being spun way out of proportion with what he said, which was more a comment on the specific game. BBC reporting it as if he's said the club/team in general has no bottle.

Oh well. Quality player, and likeable too, has probably earnt the right to say stuff like this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Got no problem with what he said, nor his performance, but wonder if it was the wisest thing to throw that out in public.

Firstly, even though he says he's referring to himself as part of the team, he's clearly having a dig at players other than him who let Brentford back in the game. Wonder how well that will be received in the dressing room.

Secondly, it's being spun way out of proportion with what he said, which was more a comment on the specific game. BBC reporting it as if he's said the club/team in general has no bottle.

Oh well. Quality player, and likeable too, has probably earnt the right to say stuff like this.

Speaking sense as always mate

• Like 1

I love the fact he came out and said what he did, he’s 100% right. He’s setting the standards now that other players need to reach. If you want to reach the top you have to be at it every minute of the game otherwise you get found out. Personally would love him to finish top goalscorer in the league, he deserves it. Kids got a great attitude! 

• Like 1

Love Ollie and he’s having an amazing season. He has though benefitted this year in part from us playing a slightly more expansive and risky style, which has created more opportunities for him, which he has duly taken advantage of and hopefully he can break the 20 goal barrier.
He’s a £100m+ player now for sure, he might finish top scorer in the league, and that’s not even talking about him potentially being top for assists as well!

Sadly this style we play also leaves us vulnerable sometimes. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the teams in 4th, 5th and 6th all play quite a gung-ho brand of football which leads to exciting games with lots of goals, and the three teams generally come out of top. Just didn’t happen for us today unfortunately.

No issues with him saying what he did in public, the team as a whole needed calling out for that collapse. Hopefully Monchi will have the financial head room to make some changes this summer.

I've got no problem with what he said because he's an articulate and well mannered guy so I've also no doubt that he can happily sit in the changing room yesterday or BMH tomorrow and explain and express himself further to his team mates 

• Like 1

Â