Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

39 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think we want him and I think any delay has been more due to you wanting to secure a replacement than us haggling over the fee.

Personally I’m not that eager for us to sign him, I think he is a decent finisher who played in a very good side. I’m not personally convinced based on the limited amount I’ve seen of him he is a good enough finisher to score consistently at PL level, I’m also concerned that he doesn’t appear to ever create goals for himself.

I suspect that Watkins is a bit over rated to be honest so I’m a bit nervous on this one, I’d have preferred Maupay personally but fully expect this to happen.

I believe we already have replacements waiting to be announced although it’s not that easy to replace the top scorer in the championship and whoever we get in it will  come with risks.Toney it seams is one  

A guy on the AVFC reddit claiming it will be done today. Obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt but giving a more concrete timeline gives the claim more credence. Apparently an ex-player is a family friend and is still in the loop with the club. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

A guy on the AVFC reddit claiming it will be done today. Obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt but giving a more concrete timeline gives the claim more credence. Apparently an ex-player is a family friend and is still in the loop with the club. 

Jeeze we loose out on McKinnie and Eze, probably Rashica too, Jack doesn’t get his England call up, we don’t have any real transfer news and now  we move from Twitter ITK‘s to reddit ITK’s... could this transfer window get any worse 

Imacelebritygetmeoutofhere GIF by I'm A Celebrity

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Gaining traction this one. Hopefully gets sorted over the weekend  -IMO he is our number one target and I am more confident of us securing this transfer at some point in the window than some of the other players 'Linked' .  - all IMO of course.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Gaining traction this one. Hopefully gets sorted over the weekend  -IMO he is our number one target and I am more confident of us securing this transfer at some point in the window than some of the other players 'Linked' .  - all IMO of course.

Would be good to sign watkins, hopefully he will prove to be a good investment.

However, if he is our number 1 target I would be a little concerned, I was hoping for at least 1 or 2 high profile signings as a statement.

I would be happy to sign watkins, but don't think i would be excited by it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Would be good to sign watkins, hopefully he will prove to be a good investment.

However, if he is our number 1 target I would be a little concerned, I was hoping for at least 1 or 2 high profile signings as a statement.

I would be happy to sign watkins, but don't think i would be excited by it.

I might be wrong. But I think at £25m he will be our record signing this summer. Unless of course we sell Jack.

Why would an ex Liverpool & Middlesbrough goalkeeper from Australia have transfer information on Aston Villa? Or am I missing a joke or something?

17 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Why would an ex Liverpool & Middlesbrough goalkeeper from Australia have transfer information on Aston Villa? Or am I missing a joke or something?

Whatever - Of all the links so far I think this one is the most likely. Theres a feasible reason for the delay in Brentford securing a replacement. 

Feeling Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds GIF by Noel Gallagher

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I believe we already have replacements waiting to be announced although it’s not that easy to replace the top scorer in the championship and whoever we get in it will  come with risks.Toney it seams is one  

Hi there. I went to school with Toney. Didn't really know him but he is (was) a nice guy. Followed his career quite a bit since Northampton, and he has turned into a bit of a physical specimen since his Northampton days. Last time I saw him was in Northampton town centre after he scored his debut goal, and there were loads of people running round - including him - with Ivan Toney face masks on. I reckon he will be a cracking signing for you, and maybe just maybe a future England player.

Seems to be looking at the Prem, so hopefully you go up next season would be good to see Brentford and Toney there - although I think technically he already has played in the Prem. 

Also - Charlie Goode - is a top guy. Was a bit surprised at his move, but will pique my interest in Brentford also. Hope he can make the step up, will be keeping an eye out. 

Also - apologies for this being my first post and not really relating to Villa - who I do support, just follow Northampton Town as well cuz of birthright and stuff. Two of only a few clubs whose names starts and end in the same letter. Ian Taylor connection, plus I think Aston Villa are the only league club who Northampton hold a 100% record over. Correct me i I am wrong. 

To bring it back on track. I reckon we will sign Watkins soon. Edouard I have a gut feeling is the Clint Dempsey to the Benteke. AKA a smokescreen. I think I am happy with that. Eduoard I feel has a bit more ability, but if he had a good season I suspect he may be off. Watkins work rate seems mad, and doesn't seem to have kicked up as much of a fuss with Brentford.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seal said:

Hi there. I went to school with Toney. Didn't really know him but he is (was) a nice guy. Followed his career quite a bit since Northampton, and he has turned into a bit of a physical specimen since his Northampton days. Last time I saw him was in Northampton town centre after he scored his debut goal, and there were loads of people running round - including him - with Ivan Toney face masks on. I reckon he will be a cracking signing for you, and maybe just maybe a future England player.

Seems to be looking at the Prem, so hopefully you go up next season would be good to see Brentford and Toney there - although I think technically he already has played in the Prem. 

Also - Charlie Goode - is a top guy. Was a bit surprised at his move, but will pique my interest in Brentford also. Hope he can make the step up, will be keeping an eye out. 

Also - apologies for this being my first post and not really relating to Villa - who I do support, just follow Northampton Town as well cuz of birthright and stuff. Two of only a few clubs whose names starts and end in the same letter. Ian Taylor connection, plus I think Aston Villa are the only league club who Northampton hold a 100% record over. Correct me i I am wrong. 

To bring it back on track. I reckon we will sign Watkins soon. Edouard I have a gut feeling is the Clint Dempsey to the Benteke. AKA a smokescreen. I think I am happy with that. Eduoard I feel has a bit more ability, but if he had a good season I suspect he may be off. Watkins work rate seems mad, and doesn't seem to have kicked up as much of a fuss with Brentford.

Welcome mate.

If you're going to survive here, you might want to consider a little craziness.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

You’ve only just got that lined up though which is what I think was the delay.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have a feeling this will be done today. That is based on total speculation and blind hope. Like most newspaper articles really.

So around 98% more evidence than any tabloid and clickbait site has ever had on transfer dealings at this club...

GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Seal said:

I think Aston Villa are the only league club who Northampton hold a 100% record over. Correct me i I am wrong.

You are correct league wise.

We have met twice in the league in 65/66 and we lost both games 1-2. We've met once in the FA Cup, we won 1-0 at The County Ground in 1983. In the League Cup we have met twice.  In 1968, when we lost 1-3 away and in 1971 when we won the replay at Villa Park 3-0, having drawn 1-1 away, on our way to Wembley that year. 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I might be wrong. But I think at £25m he will be our record signing this summer. Unless of course we sell Jack.

I hope not.

I'm still holding the smallest amount of hope that the Edouard for £30m rumours will somehow be true.

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I hope not.

I'm still holding the smallest amount of hope that the Edouard for £30m rumours will somehow be true.

few of problems with that IMO:-

Would he want to come to a club thats just avoided relegation.? 

Celtic reportedly want £40m not £30m 

Â