Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Same thing Brentford pulled with Maupay. 

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

This is what deadlines are for...

Agree.  Move on and come back around close to deadline day and see if a deal a more preferable deal can be struck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Last line is interesting. Could sign Watkins if we go for plan b or c options for other positions e.g. cheaper. We did that last summer so I'd swerve that policy.

100%. Every player has their price. 

Also, this isn't the first report which indicates that we have financial power that other clubs haven't. It's obvious, given our owners, but it does appear that if we want a player, other clubs are already looking elsewhere due to our ability to pay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

More media nonsense, that report.

The bit about reigning in expectations for recruits in other positions - what, because we only have 30-40m to spend?

I'd say that's news to everyone, including Lange and Smith.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Visiting Supporter

More Sky sports news just out

15:41

 
BRENTFORD AGREE TONEY DEAL 

Brentford have agreed a deal with Peterborough to sign striker Ivan Toney. The agreement is believed to be worth up to £10m. 

Might have to be taken with a pinch of salt, but from what I'm hearing from this end, fairly reliable, So Watkins could be on his way to you, you are the front runners I hear.

Could be a load of old Rollocks from Sky of course, but this could have legs

Edited by jonjon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, est1874 said:

More media nonsense, that report.

The bit about reigning in expectations for recruits in other positions - what, because we only have 30-40m to spend?

I'd say that's news to everyone, including Lange and Smith.

No, because it is rumored we have 100 mill to spend, on 4 - 5 players.

25 mill for a Championship player is a quarter of that.

What if we had our eyes on more expensive, high level targets for other positions?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

We are in no position to be picky or stingy or play games. We did this last season and should have got relegated.

Put the money on the table and wrap up the deal you absolute mug Purslow.

Yeah Purslow. Stop fannying around!

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No, because it is rumored we have 100 mill to spend, on 4 - 5 players.

25 mill for a Championship player is a quarter of that.

What if we had our eyes on more expensive, high level targets for other positions?

That figure was pulled out of a journos bum.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No, because it is rumored we have 100 mill to spend, on 4 - 5 players.

25 mill for a Championship player is a quarter of that.

What if we had our eyes on more expensive, high level targets for other positions?

If you believe what's written in the press, we value Watkins around £18m. They're asking for £25m.

Do you really think, given the state of the transfer market, that £7m is going to hold Lange/Smith/Purslow/Edens/Sawiris back from signing the other players we need?

Genuine question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, est1874 said:

If you believe what's written in the press, we value Watkins around £18m. They're asking for £25m.

Do you really think, given the state of the transfer market, that £7m is going to hold Lange/Smith/Purslow/Edens/Sawiris back from signing the other players we need?

Genuine question.

If they want 25 and we want to pay 18 I reckon we’ll settle at 21+ a shit loads of addons.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If you believe what's written in the press, we value Watkins around £18m. They're asking for £25m.

Do you really think, given the state of the transfer market, that £7m is going to hold Lange/Smith/Purslow/Edens/Sawiris back from signing the other players we need?

Genuine question.

 
We value a lot of players at low prices only to see their market value increase the next summer.

At least we have bargain bucket Samagoal. Mugs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

"Reign in"

Shocking misuse of language. "Reign in expectations" makes no sense. It should be "rein in", like how you control a horse, not how you act like a king.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â