Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 hours ago, Seal said:

Also - apologies for this being my first post and not really relating to Villa - who I do support, just follow Northampton Town as well cuz of birthright and stuff. Two of only a few clubs whose names starts and end in the same letter. Ian Taylor connection, plus I think Aston Villa are the only league club who Northampton hold a 100% record over. Correct me i I am wrong. 

Not quite 100% ;) We beat you friendly at Sixfields in July 1995 Pre Season. I went to the game :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hippo said:

few of problems with that IMO:-

Would he want to come to a club thats just avoided relegation.? 

Celtic reportedly want £40m not £30m 

If Celtic need to sell then the marketplace will dictate his value, they can choose sell to the highest bidder or look to generate funds from other players.

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Nobody will pay £40million for an SPL player...

Personally i think £30million is way too much and as a result surely we aren't serious about this guy?

Problem is who are we after?.....Eduoard or Watkins.....then Origi or iheanacho, no thanks to those two.  We are going to have to pay big for a striker so we have to choose and then pay the fee otherwise we will be short. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seal said:

Hi there. I went to school with Toney. Didn't really know him but he is (was) a nice guy. Followed his career quite a bit since Northampton, and he has turned into a bit of a physical specimen since his Northampton days. Last time I saw him was in Northampton town centre after he scored his debut goal, and there were loads of people running round - including him - with Ivan Toney face masks on. I reckon he will be a cracking signing for you, and maybe just maybe a future England player.

Seems to be looking at the Prem, so hopefully you go up next season would be good to see Brentford and Toney there - although I think technically he already has played in the Prem. 

Also - Charlie Goode - is a top guy. Was a bit surprised at his move, but will pique my interest in Brentford also. Hope he can make the step up, will be keeping an eye out. 

Also - apologies for this being my first post and not really relating to Villa - who I do support, just follow Northampton Town as well cuz of birthright and stuff. Two of only a few clubs whose names starts and end in the same letter. Ian Taylor connection, plus I think Aston Villa are the only league club who Northampton hold a 100% record over. Correct me i I am wrong. 

To bring it back on track. I reckon we will sign Watkins soon. Edouard I have a gut feeling is the Clint Dempsey to the Benteke. AKA a smokescreen. I think I am happy with that. Eduoard I feel has a bit more ability, but if he had a good season I suspect he may be off. Watkins work rate seems mad, and doesn't seem to have kicked up as much of a fuss with Brentford.

hi interesting read and hopeful Toney signs for us and Watkins for Villa

If we get him and Edouard then that would be huge. Add Rashica to them. We’d have done a great business. Watkins could play on the wing. Cash and Swift would be great additions too. I’d be selfish and say if we also could get Benrahma, then we’ll be a really different team than last season. Rashica and Watkins won’t cost more than 20m I assume despite what papers say. Benrahma and Efouard could be more to 30. That’s around 100m, Cash and Swift around 20, Bree around 2, then we might move Trez and Wes to secure around 25-30. Add Henry then we’re great to go!

Wishful thinking I know, but doable!

Edited by abdulaziz1

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

Based on nothing but a gut feeling, but I don't think we are in for Benrahama.

Maybe we're not be I think we should be looking at players like him , wingers, not sure of his mindset but I'm sure Smith is . 

Â