Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Brilliant first goal. 

Unfortunately he's missed an absolute sitter to make us comfortable going into half time. 

2-0 at half-time I think we would have seen a win for Villa.

They went in at half-time delighted it was 1-0 and it gave them hope.

I like him, he doesn't get down about missing chances or having goals taken away from dubious var calls

But it is worrying he needs 3 chances per game to score 1. If he could put those away he would be the prems top scorer 

19 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I like him, he doesn't get down about missing chances or having goals taken away from dubious var calls

But it is worrying he needs 3 chances per game to score 1. If he could put those away he would be the prems top scorer 

First season in Premiership. Give him chance.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

First season in Premiership. Give him chance.

I did say I like him, I'm not writing him off!

He is scoring, which is obviously a positive, and he had scored some goals that were taken away by var against west brom and west ham

But he should have had more than 1 tonight in the first half which would kill the game

On 27/01/2021 at 20:47, nick76 said:

Still young and new, and another goal tonight.  Love his energy and constant running and hassling and now 2 goals in 2, he's doing ok

Agreed. All things considered I think he's doing brilliantly. His work rate is incredible, and it creates so much space for others. 

He is completely unselfish in everything he does until he gets a sight of goal, and then just wants to get a shot off. For me that's the perfect mindset for a top striker, which is exactly what Ollie is going to become. 

I can't think of a team in the premier league he wouldn't be a starter for . Great player.

BTW hhe never missed a golden chance it was saved by an alert keeper who came off his line like a scolded cat. 

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 20:22, Jimzk5 said:

Do you think Salah, Kane, Vardy etc have taken every chance they get? They miss their fair share of big chances. All strikers do. 

Nothing worrying about his finishing at all mate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 27/01/2021 at 20:22, Jimzk5 said:

So basically it's worrying that he isn't the top scorer in the Premier League? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you think Salah, Kane, Vardy etc have taken every chance they get? They miss their fair share of big chances. All strikers do. 

Nothing worrying about his finishing at all mate. 

They do on FIFA and in the highlights mate, and we all know that's the most important thing. 

• Thanks 1

Â