Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Played well tonight, very unlucky not to score.

Led the line so well, he can be a real handful and he has so much energy.

His engine is unreal. Just keeps going and going.

Seems to be everywhere, his wife or girlfriend must be hungry for his energy 🤣

Hes like the Energizer bunny x 1,000,000

Edited by Dave-R

32 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

A very important part of our defensive record, I think.

We defend as a team now, and that starts at the front. In modern football there's emphasis on central defenders being able to start the plays too, and the better teams operate like that.

Good luck dictating the tempo with The Smiling Assassin hounding your every move.

I think this goes unnoticed at times. 

As much as I'm looking forward to the return of Wes, there is no way he will be able to replicate the way we play with Watkins as our forward. Absolutely worth every single penny. 

So so good.

Couple of loose touches and runs down a few blind alleys but my word what he gives us is absolutely irreplaceable. 

Summed him up late on when Jack fed him into a decent spot. He got tackled in the end but got up, ran backwards past I think Jack and Barkley and won it immediately back. About 1 min later he's covering Targett at left back when another move broke down.

The crowd noise his running will generate at Villa Park working for the team gives me tingles.

• Like 3

He's terrific. 

I feel like there's been this weird feeling for a while that he's playing well but needs/deserves a goal, but he's scored 10 times in 21 games for us. This is despite our system specifically creating a lot of chances for the wingers and midfield. 

What a buy he's been, absolutely brilliant. 

He's like an extra midfielder at times, this guy's pressing is ridiculous.

Also has a respectable 8 in 19. Not far off 1 in 2 for his first season. 

If everything starts clicking for Villa in general and we get more of the rub of the green in the second half of the season, Ollie could be our first 20 goal striker since Yorke. Even Benteke only got 19 in that legendary season. Not half bad for your first season in the PL. 

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

A very important part of our defensive record, I think.

We defend as a team now, and that starts at the front. In modern football there's emphasis on central defenders being able to start the plays too, and the better teams operate like that.

Good luck dictating the tempo with The Smiling Assassin hounding your every move.

Brilliant how he won the ball off JWP near our corner flag and took the quick throw earning a YC for intentional handball

• Like 4

He’s a defenders nightmare. Runs all day, doesn’t give them a moments peace, and a very clever player. He’ll appear over your shoulder to put the ball away. 

As others have said, he is making a massive difference to how we play. Him and Martinez have transformed us as a team. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Was so excellent today. One thing I would like to see from him though is to shoot early sometimes just to unbalance the keeper / defenders.

Definitely, seems to take an extra touch to set up the perfect angle but you just don't have as much time at this level, that will come though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Definitely, seems to take an extra touch to set up the perfect angle but you just don't have as much time at this level, that will come though.

It's a tactical play some of the best use original Ronaldo was best at it. It also means defenders think twice before tackling him.

• Thanks 1

Â