Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Posted (edited)

Pity Watkins missed out on PL player of the year. Think he deserved it for the huge contribution he's made to Villa this season.

Not massively surprised it went to Foden. Guessing Pep will also win manager of the year as well given the City love in lately (also believe its the 5th season in a row its went to a City player)

Either way hope Ollie bags his 20th goal tomorrow and shows his worth in the Euros.

Edited by NorthEastVillan

39 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Pity Watkins missed out on PL player of the year. Think he deserved it for the huge contribution he's made to Villa this season.

Not massively surprised it went to Foden. Guessing Pep will also win manager of the year as well given the City love in lately (also believe its the 5th season in a row its went to a City player)

Either way hope Ollie bags his 20th goal tomorrow and shows his worth in the Euros.

No way it should have gone to Foden over Watkins, but it's a popularity contest, not a "player of the season" vote so Watkins never stood a chance.

Isn't there a player vote alongside the fan one for a players player award?

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

No way it should have gone to Foden over Watkins, but it's a popularity contest, not a "player of the season" vote so Watkins never stood a chance.

Isn't there a player vote alongside the fan one for a players player award?

I agree. I'd even have been fine if it went to Palmer, given the season he's had. As you say its a popularity contest and nothing at all to do with who has been the best player.

No idea on players player but think Ollie may have a chance in that one.

1 minute ago, Khizzy said:

Stuck on 19 Premier League goals. Oh well. 

If only Carlos hadn’t basically pushed him out the way the other night. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Like the start of the season when he went five games without a goal, he ends the season with five games without a goal.

Gutted as I wanted him to get to 20 goals. The wait for a 20 goal a season striker at Villa goes on.

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I assume he got a bit of a knock, but I didn't see one. Baffling sub if he wasn't injured. 

I wonder how Ollie feels about being denied a chance to get 20 goals by emery in a game which was already lost.

Just now, Keyblade said:

So Ollie scoring more is not surprising, and doesn't mean he should win POTS because of it.

Not just about scoring goals though is it? He was involved in way more goal involvements than Foden and had the most assists in the league.

19 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Like the start of the season when he went five games without a goal, he ends the season with five games without a goal.

Gutted as I wanted him to get to 20 goals. The wait for a 20 goal a season striker at Villa goes on.

Benteke also got to 19 in 12/13. Got a ridiculous red v Chelsea and so missed the final game against Wigan who were already relegated.

• Like 1

Â