Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

18 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Happy with this. Certainly looks like attitude is something they've looked at improving. Too many times last season we were too passive. Players like Cash and Watkins, from what I've read, have fantastic attitude and work rate. This is definitely a good thing to my eye. I'm sure it's something @TRO will appreciate and be happy with too! 

I believe this is exactly what the Dean Smith project is all about. The emphasis is not on signing 'big name' players, but ones who have the right mindset to work with him, the coaches and the other players. It's team building. I know we oldsters like to bang on about Ron Saunders' '81 side, but team spirit was what they had in spades, which I believe was more important in bringing about their success than any individual talents. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jack Woodward - "How would you describe your playing style, Ollie?"

Ollie Watkins - "All the goals."

I like this video (disclaimer, I know it's a highlights reel), a striker who gets in to the right positions and finishes with the odd cracker thrown. No lets get someone in the supply balls to him and not leave it all up to Jack.

• Like 1

Â