Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Even if a miracle happens and we stay up, I'd still sack Smith in the summer.

Agreed, been saying this for a while. Nothing against him but we need better if we are to push on.

More inclined to keep him if we get relegated, if nothing else because it will be much harder to find a quality replacement as a Championship side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Do you think its gets much better with a different manager? This squad is not Premier league quality. 

Watford says yes

Everton says yes

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, thabucks said:

Why ... he has shown he isn’t a Prem level manager ... Can’t be nostalgic we need to move forwards as a club and Smith for me has taken us as far as he can. 

Agree.  All those months 'working on our faults' and literally nothing has changed.

Same shape, same tactics, same poor performance.

Time to move on.  Accept relegation and start building for the future.

So their player gets the ball in the middle of the field and starts running forward with it. 

Luiz instead of going to him backs off backs off backs of leaving him free to sweep the ball out wide to a winger in space.  We are letting them pass and move at will. 

It's horrendous and we don't deserve to be in this league. No other team would be as passive as we are. 

I thought not having fans there might make them play with more freedom. Instead not having fans is really impacting us - no **** urgency anywhere on the pitch. Not sure I can bring myself to watch the rest of this. 

Reminds me of Wolves and Watford away.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Fancy another 12 months of this garbage?

Incredibly simplistic way of looking at it. We came up with a non existant squad. Had to by a lot of dross that clearly aren't PL quality to have bodies available. Doesn't matter what manager you got when the players you have disposable are Wesley, Trez, El Ghazi, Hourihane, Lansbury, Hause etc. And I could keep going, unfortunately. Our squad sucks ass. Nothing to do with Smith. 

We are finally trying to play decent football, and obviously it's difficult when we got promoted through play offs ahead of schedule. Smith is essentially punished by his own success.

Get in better players and let him keep working. Returning to the managerial merry go round isn't for me. I've had my share of hoofball managers and that's not how we will win trophies again. But each to their own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2