Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Jack's first pass was absolute trash. So long without the ball in their half and he's forgotten how to play

Hasn't forgotten, just not really bothered anymore.

Aside from one or 2 flashes last match he was the same.

Hope he rams those words down my throat now

Just now, DCJonah said:

I don't get it. 

My expectation at the start of the year was that 17th was a huge achievement. Nothing has changed that. 

Most people said the same, but when push comes to shove they are like all the impatient kids on FB groups. All the same. Modern fans in a nutshell. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Incredibly simplistic way of looking at it. We came up with a non existant squad. Had to by a lot of dross that clearly aren't PL quality to have bodies available. Doesn't matter what manager you got when the players you have disposable are Wesley, Trez, El Ghazi, Hourihane, Lansbury, Hause etc. And I could keep going, unfortunately. Our squad sucks ass. Nothing to do with Smith. 

We are finally trying to play decent football, and obviously it's difficult when we got promoted through play offs ahead of schedule. Smith is essentially punished by his own success.

Get in better players and let him keep working. Returning to the managerial merry go round isn't for me. I've had my share of hoofball managers and that's not how we will win trophies again. But each to their own. 

I half agree with you. A lot of the buys were just numbers, really.

I can't see what we're trying to do, though.  We seem to have reverted to lumping it up to the big man, like we did with Sherwood and Benteke, but with nobody supporting him. Our most creative midfielder is playing wide.

We're playing a style of football that suits 442, but a formation that's more like 451 or 4141.

He's got a hard job, but he's making it even harder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

F*** Mings was in behind and Jack once again releases the ball too late.

Think mings was offside long before Jack had chance to release the ball, but what he did after is no excuse. 

Once again they have the ball at the edge of the box and no one goes to him till it's too late and he plays.a defence splitting ball which should have resulted in a goal but for a poor bit of control. 

We are far too timid. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Most people said the same, but when push comes to shove they are like all the impatient kids on FB groups. All the same. Modern fans in a nutshell. 

Sorry but that is utter nonsense. People are entitled to be unhappy aftee seeing so many lifeless peformances this year with no passion or fight

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Might cash out my 4-1 ... can still make 1p

I have 3-0 to Villa and my betting account started a live chat to see if my account had been hacked 😑

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hasn't forgotten, just not really bothered anymore.

Aside from one or 2 flashes last match he was the same.

Hope he rams those words down my throat now

Looks like he's already signed for someone else.  Or he's been spending too much time at Ross McCormack's apartment.

• Like 1