Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Everton have much better players than us. That's a ridiculous comparison.

Doesn't matter. People aren't looking at it rationally. They expect us to survive with championship players in the PL and if we don't it's obviously Smith's fault. That's the average football fan these days. 

Just now, thabucks said:

Why are you convinced it’s the squad and not the manager ? 

By watching them. 

I don't think smith is amazing but what have these players shown to make anyone think a different manager would make a big difference?

• Like 1

Jack comes back in the defence. Keeps the ball for 3 passes slow it down takes a breather. Passes it to Hause. Tells him to play an easy ball out to the other side of defence where there Is no pressure on.

Decides to Stevie G it 5 yards above Targetts head.

Just leave Jack. Just go 

This is mental 😂 They are miles better than us so it's to be expected that they would dominate, but what are we actually doing. Rarely seen a team at this level look so bereft of any ideas or options on the ball for such an extended period of time in a game. Poor Keinan.

Though judging from the last couple of minutes we've clearly been rope a doping them the whole time.

We have to keep them away from our defence, midfield has to do better or Nyland and the defence will  e put under severe pressure.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Doesn't matter. People aren't looking at it rationally. They expect us to survive with championship players in the PL and if we don't it's obviously Smith's fault. That's the average football fan these days. 

I don't get it. 

My expectation at the start of the year was that 17th was a huge achievement. Nothing has changed that. 

• Like 2