Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but that is utter nonsense. People are entitled to be unhappy aftee seeing so many lifeless peformances this year with no passion or fight

No mate. It's how it is. You see exactly the same overreacting, impatient drivel on FB groups you see here today. 

• Like 3

You know you’re shit when Mason Mount is dominating you .

Hourihane and El Ghazi off at half time for Samatta and Marv , move Jack in behind the 2 forwards in a free role ... if nothing else it should stop the ball coming straight back everytime we clear it 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Incredibly simplistic way of looking at it. We came up with a non existant squad. Had to by a lot of dross that clearly aren't PL quality to have bodies available. Doesn't matter what manager you got when the players you have disposable are Wesley, Trez, El Ghazi, Hourihane, Lansbury, Hause etc. And I could keep going, unfortunately. Our squad sucks ass. Nothing to do with Smith. 

We are finally trying to play decent football, and obviously it's difficult when we got promoted through play offs ahead of schedule. Smith is essentially punished by his own success.

Get in better players and let him keep working. Returning to the managerial merry go round isn't for me. I've had my share of hoofball managers and that's not how we will win trophies again. But each to their own. 

I disagree mate , the squad isn't the best but you cant play the style of football Smith has tried to apply with a new squad of players. Its football suicide and every one can and has seen this . I really dont like changing managers but this project with Smith has really run its course for me. 

Tactically inept at this level .

• Like 1

Drop the bloody Wingers and get more support to the rest of the field Smith, two more players in midfield would cause Chelsea here to not be so dominant. We have to be prepared to change it up and were not doing enough to even have a good crack at the ball for a decent period of time.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

No mate. It's how it is. You see exactly the same overreacting, impatient drivel on FB groups you see here today. 

Mate the performance has not be good at all. The tactics are wierd ans ineffective 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Hourihane and El Ghazi off at half time for Samatta and Marv , move Jack in behind the 2 forwards in a free role ... if nothing else it should stop the ball coming straight back everytime we clear it 

El Ghazi was the architect of our only 2 chances so far. Only one of our front line doing anything.

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Marv NOOOOOOOO