• El Ghazi
    • Trezeguet (for El Ghazi, 69)
    • Samatta (for Davis, 69)
    • Elmohamady (for Konsa, 76)
    • Nakamba (for McGinn, 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/20 at 22:59

Kind of what I expected with first game back. Players clearly struggling. Both teams were shit really. We obviously got very lucky with the goal not given but that would have been such a blunder and shit way to lose a game. We’ve had enough poor decisions against us we deserved a bit of luck. 

Decent point I guess.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Woeful team? The table suggest otherwise.

They were woeful tonight as were we. 

Just now, Chindie said:

Supposedly caused by the camera being blocked by the keeper and the post.

... You'd think that was a fairly foreseeable thing. 

Yeah I didn't watch the game, is a lovely evening here and I have a friend over from Stockholm who's 100% uninterested so just seen the picture.

Looks absolutely hilarious (as it didn't happen to us)

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Woeful team? The table suggest otherwise.

The table means jack shit. They were shite tonight. Just as it means jack shit how apparently amazing (according to you) as we're second bottom.

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If that `goal' Nyland gave them had stood, it would have been a terrible injustice. We were easily the better side and should have won that.

There are 4 teams above us and 10 matches to go. I won't give up hope until our survival is mathematically impossible.

Agree with the sentiment but there are 18 teams above us and 9 matches to go.😉

• Haha 1

unsure whether i'm happy or not.

luiz and conor played well together. davis looked decent and the keeper didn't get the credit i thought he deserved for what i thought was a cracking save one handed. we dont keep clean sheets very often, and just did against a team in amongst the champions league places. plenty to be optimistic about. but i'd love to have won that

regarding the goal that wasn't given, i'd say we just got the point back we were owed from the palace game

• Like 2

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Clear no goal. As we have been told many times this season the technology is working as intended. So good for us I guess. 

Can only assume that the PL doesn't want Sheffield U to represent them in the CL

It's pretty astonishing that 2 people near the ball was all it took for the infallible technology to fail. I wonder how many other goals that seemed like near misses were incorrectly ruled out. 

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Thought it was a fairly poor game and we seemed to lack width for a lot of the match.

Looking for positives we didn't concede many chances and we had a few dangerous moments.

Not convinced by Nyland though - surely at this level you should be able to do basic catches!

He couldn’t catch a Covid.

• Like 1

Nyland was pushed over the line by the blundering Davis. The biggest positive for me was the fact that we looked physically stronger. On their patch they bullied us in to submission.  Also I thought Trezeguet looked a lot more intelligent although the standards he has set up until now isn't exactly difficult to improve upon. Luiz motm for me closely followed by Davis (would have been him but for his brain fart on Nyland). 

How awful is that McGinn though its like he hasn't played football for 6 months or so.  I hope he doesn't use that as an excuse.  (Clearly this is a joke for those devoid of humour). 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I honestly feel ashamed about us stealing a point when Nyland and Davis clearly knew it was over the line. 

Would hardly call it stealing though when we had 14 shots to their 5 and their goalkeeper was probably man of the match.

It was a good performance imo, we created some really good chances and had 14-5 in shots, can't remember any that they had though except the goal that wasn't to be. Henderson was fantastic for them. The save on Davies shot was fantastic. I thought Davied played very well, perhaps the best I've seen from him, but I wonder what would have been if we had played with the natural goal scorer Samatta from start with all those chances created.

I thought the choice of midfield was very good, two grafters in McGinn and Hourihane and Luiz as the achor and passer. It gives us more grit and more protection than we've had before. I'm also happy with Konsa a right back, gave us more stability.

I'm slightly disappointed by Jack, thought he was a bit anonymous, but good to know we have more to give there. Nice haircut though!

We really needed the 3 points today, but we are still in the game and we still ahve the chance to stay up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's pretty astonishing that 2 people near the ball was all it took for the infallible technology to fail. I wonder how many other goals that seemed like near misses were incorrectly ruled out. 

It cant be just them two surely that has happened regular. I wonder if Mings on the line is also blocking some image from the other post callabrating across with Nylands' side.

Â