• El Ghazi
    • Trezeguet (for El Ghazi, 69)
    • Samatta (for Davis, 69)
    • Elmohamady (for Konsa, 76)
    • Nakamba (for McGinn, 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/20 at 22:59

10 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Performance ok, defence pretty good.

Hourihane and Luiz still the most anonymous players in the league so nothing has changed there in 3 months.

Good job Luiz wasn’t annonymous when cleaning up a defensive error.

• Like 3

One of our players was desperate to make a mistake and gift them a goal. The keeper did, but we got away with it. 

It would be a decent point if we didn’t desperately need a win. 

Weve got too many mistakes in us to survive. Mings, Hause, Nyland, Targett, Nakamba, Luiz....one of them will gift you a golden chance at some point during the 90 mins. 

Davis, Grealish and Hourihane all did ok. The rest were average to poor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

SO PROUD OF THE BOYS!

Bossed that game. Should have won that.

We were organized, energetic and a threat going forward, until Keinan went off.

Play like that and we can beat Chelsea. I firmly believe that.

Can you get me 50 quids worth for the weekend?

You don’t stay up in the premier league with hourihane, Luiz in the centre of your midfield with nakamba coming on as sub. You could have guardiola in charge and he wouldn’t get anything out of them.

Conor MOTM for me, his corners were good, he got about the pitch and chased down a lot more than normal. McGinn visibly off the pace, Keinan did well. Trez actually impressed when he came on. Hause is a walking accident, never going to be good enough. We lack quality but still make chances without taking them. Onto Sunday..

• Like 1

Just now, Mark_1989 said:

Good job Luiz wasn’t annonymous when cleaning up a defensive error.

Had Luiz as MOTM myself, finally had someone commanding in front of the central defenders, closed down well, did the simple stuff well and looked a player.

• Like 4

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

You don’t stay up in the premier league with hourihane, Luiz in the centre of your midfield with nakamba coming on as sub. You could have guardiola in charge and he wouldn’t get anything out of them.

We were the better side against a top 4 chasing Sheffield United.

How can you not take positives from that? Can't believe i'm the positive one for once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I thought Hourihane looked good in there. Was very 'busy'. We still had our trademark massive cock up that led to a goal, but for once we got the right side of a refereeing howler. Can't give a goal away every game and stay up. 

As to football restarting, I'm not sure how to feel. I've been a grumpy bastard all day cos I've been stressed out about the match. I haven't missed that at all. Need to really think now about whether I want to renew my season ticket or not, as I haven't missed it like I thought I would. It's a lot of Saturdays and Sundays away from a young family. 

Can we just play with 2 natural wingers and stick jack behind the front man? Sick of watching him drift and off the flank. 

Said before we needed a win today as it is now sadly officially out of our hands. We need others to slip. It will go to the wire I reckon. I expect loads of draws for a lot of teams in mid table. 

I thought we were the better side for what it's worth!

Davis makes us such a better team, missed him when he went off.

However we need to take advantage of situations like this, this game could have been won. A point with the games we have coming up is not enough.

At least McGinn got 75 mins under his belt, and we got no injuries; I hope this game gives us an advantage on sunday!

• Like 1

The game lacked quality and it was only going to be a mistake that got on the score sheet. Fortunately for Villa they got away with it.

A point won rather than two lost.

If Villa are to stay up they will need to play better than this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Who’s hacked villalad21‘s account, come on now own up whichever one of you it was. 

I Think they are 10 seasons behind in San Francisco 

Apart from nylands mistake I think we were the better side and could have won one nil. Mcginn wasn't up to speed and grealish was pushed out the game. It's easy to see Sheffield United and forget what this side has done this season.

• Like 2

Â