• El Ghazi
    • Trezeguet (for El Ghazi, 69)
    • Samatta (for Davis, 69)
    • Elmohamady (for Konsa, 76)
    • Nakamba (for McGinn, 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/20 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Fair performance but we just seem sooo defensive.  Nearly always looking for a sideways or back pass.  Going to be a struggle to stay up, but it's possible if we can play with more freedom. 

In fairness as we were practically throwing the ball into our net before the shutdown I can see why  Smith wanted to go back to basis for a bit.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the number of fans from other clubs that seem properly invested in us is incredibly weird and slightly tragic, not even rivals either, Leeds fans are all over our social media

Considering our bench were a bunch of whining little bitches and pressured their manager in to gifting us a goal for  the spirit of the game, for us to then pretend this was all above board, I can see their point. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No idea what game you guys were watching.

Thought it was a brilliant performance. Clinical and we would have won that 3-0

I'm genuinely cringing from your posts in this thread.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No idea what game you guys were watching.

Thought it was a brilliant performance. Clinical and we would have won that 3-0

What time is over there?.. 

Surely a Bit early to be having a bang on the pipe?

Just now, Davkaus said:

Considering our bench were a bunch of whining little bitches and pressured their manager in to gifting us a goal for  the spirit of the game, for us to then pretend this was all above board, I can see their point. 

different circumstances but ok

I don't see how you can claim that we cheated tonight, we're the same as the ref, go off the technology, I don't buy in to "he definitely knew" for any of our players

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Do you feel we should have been given a free goal against Leeds? 

Do you think Bamford should of continued when everyone had stopped? 

• Like 1

We didn't ask Leeds to give us a goal, they did that because they knew they were in the wrong about the goal that they scored, and the only reason they agreed to give us the goal was because they had nothing to play for, at that point they couldn't qualify for top two. Was also the game that Bamford can't El Ghazi sent off, so they can't complain, they cheated twice and were also fined that season for spying on other teams as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We were the better side but we never looked like scoring. 

I thought Davis had a chance and so did Hourihane which were close and could’ve gone in but for good saves. I think there’s a lot to be positive about, and like you say we were the better side. Happy with a point though against a top 6 (currently) side

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

We might have been slightly better than a woeful team today but I dont see how that makes you PROUD OF THE BOYZ or think we'll beat Chelsea.

Were Sheffield Utd woeful, or was it because we were made them look that way? I say we made them look woeful, we were tactically spot on in shutting them out, and with a little more fortune would/should have had a couple of goals. Defensively we were a good bit improved, though still improvement to be gained. We just need to instruct Hause to stop with the attempts at ball playing. Sheffield Utd created very little going forward, Villa had the lions share of possession and chances. Compared to the last two games against them, this was improvement. 

• Like 1

I do think a few people could put their ratings on before the match kicks off, they clearly have preconceived ideas that won't change whatever happens on the pitch! To suggest either Luiz or Hourihane were anonymous is ridiculous. And as important as he is, Grealish was not great today.

Let's also be honest in saying that's probably on the better side of how we generally play and we still didn't really look like taking three points against a very underperforming Sheffield United. You'll probably not see GLT/VAR miss such an obvious goal ever again either!

Nyland disappointed me, had high hopes that he was turning a corner but today was back to the flappable unreliable keeper we are used to. Defensively a little better but Hause and Konsa aren't good enough at this level, or certainly not yet if we're being charitable. Midfield was solid if unspectacular, McGinn rusty, Grealish not at his best, Hourihane effective, Luiz reliable. El Ghazi comfortably the worst player on the pitch. Nakamba and Trezeguet both reasonable when on. Davis works his socks off but the closest he will regularly get to scoring goals is pushing his own goalkeeper across the line! Samatta didn't do much when he came on. Elmo hit the first defender 90% of the time.

Much better application today but we don't have quality. And that relegates us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Good team performance almost let down by Konsa I think who played a square ball under no pressure and nearly gave another typical cheap own goal. 

We need much better performances to rescue the season. 

It was Hause.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Decent point, but pretty scandalous. 

I don't miss football one bit. If I have any restraint that's my last game of the season. What a tedious 2 hours. 

Look forward to you comments before/ during and after the Chelsea game.

• Haha 1

If we were clinical all of you would call it a brilliant performance.

We completely nulled them out of the game. They created nothing. We should have won that.

It's ridiculous if you can't be positive after that.

Good on you Dean!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Did you have a sizeable bet on Sheffield United?

Wrong decisions happen in football all the time, we've been on the end of a few just this season, what is it about this particular incident that has got your goat?

• Like 1

We played OK and I'm glad we were sturdier through the middle and at the back (for most of the game).

Thought we started to lose it a bit second-half with a few of them breathing heavier, especially McGinn who maybe should've been taken off ten minutes earlier.

I gave Grealish MOTM for the pass to El Ghazi to cross for Davis to so nearly score.

Luiz was decent and Hourihane was pretty good too.

Targett solid but Konsa a bit too rough to be a RB, hopefully Guilbert back soon.

Thought Davis was pretty good and maybe on another day could've scored with the turn and shot, a good stop by their keeper.

An improvement for me and a clean sheet!

UTV.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

Slightly the better team which was encouraging. Only one point makes us very slightly more likely to drop in my opinion, but a lot will depend on how much the team, particularly the defence, take from a decent performance.

Surprised more wasn’t made of the massive pull on Mings’ shirt for what looked like a definite penalty to Villa.

Â