• El Ghazi
    • Trezeguet (for El Ghazi, 69)
    • Samatta (for Davis, 69)
    • Elmohamady (for Konsa, 76)
    • Nakamba (for McGinn, 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/20 at 22:59

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We were the better side against a top 4 chasing Sheffield United.

How can you not take positives from that? Can't believe i'm the positive one for once.

I do take positives from it I thought it was a decent performance as I said in my post.

looking at the season as a whole our anonymous players are clearly still very much anonymous.

5 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Grealish needs to play in the middle. Samatta wide left. Keinan up front who I thought was excellent despite the criticism levelled at hom.

Drop Conor who is absolutely anonymous and just has no influence on the game. 

Positives = clean sheet and no defeat. Good bit of match fitness - might play into our hands against Chelsea. McGinn got 70 minutes and didn't look as off the pace as I thought - due to all others not being at 100%.

Gutted we didn't come away with 3 points but still in the fight.

Yeah we need Jack more in the game.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet palace fans didnt feel ashamed aftwr lansbury was robbed of a goal

Different scenario, a ref calling a dive is nothing like the ref clearly making the wrong call when the technology failed. Our players knew we'd got an unfair advantage there.

2 minutes ago, deeps said:

Can we just play with 2 natural wingers and stick jack behind the front man? Sick of watching him drift and off the flank. 

Said before we needed a win today as it is now sadly officially out of our hands. We need others to slip. It will go to the wire I reckon. I expect loads of draws for a lot of teams in mid table. 

It's not out of our hands. If we win every match I'm guessing it's impossible for us to get relegated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I honestly feel ashamed about us stealing a point when Nyland and Davis clearly knew it was over the line. 

Do you still feel the same way about the word removed of a ref at Palace away? 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought it was a fairly poor game and we seemed to lack width for a lot of the match.

Looking for positives we didn't concede many chances and we had a few dangerous moments.

Not convinced by Nyland though - surely at this level you should be able to do basic catches!

Nyland-4: Shocking

Konsa-6: Not a right back 

Hause-6: OK

Mings-7: He was Tyrone

Targett-6: OK

Luiz-7: Did the DM job solidly

Connor-7: Did the CM job solidly

SJM-6: Rusty, but ran himself into the ground

AEG-5: Awful

Davis-8: MOM and but for a worldly save would have won us the game

Jack-7: Badly needs help, he got kicked pillar to post today

Subs:

Trezeguet-6: did more than AEG did the whole game

Samatta-6: Had no support due to stamina issues

Elmohamady-5: legs are gone, poor delivery 

Nakamba-6: Scares me in possession, scrappy.

Notes:

No style of play again

Looked in shape all things considering

Too much hit and hope

Weve got some decent layers, but weve got some that struggle at this level

Hope this point keeps us up!

• Like 1

Just now, Kingman said:

Do you still fee the same way about the word removed of a ref at Palace away? 

Do you feel we should have been given a free goal against Leeds? 

• Haha 1

Fair performance but we just seem sooo defensive.  Nearly always looking for a sideways or back pass.  Going to be a struggle to stay up, but it's possible if we can play with more freedom. 

Decent showing, considering the circumstances. The game had the atmosphere, cohesion and feel of a june friendly, but did anyone expect more? Other games will be similar. The whole restart thing is farcical, I've no idea why TVs or anyone would care.  Should have canceled it and prepared for next season. 

Shows how far our standards have fallen if we think a draw at home to Sheffield United is a good result when we needed three points to climb out of the relegation zone. Despite how well they're doing this season today was one of the better chances we will have this season of taking three poinits and we faiild to capitalize. Come  the end  of the season it could turn out to be a valuable point but for that to be the case we've got to start winning games we're not expect to something we've been waiting for all season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Weird game, I don’t think it’s directly comparable to ‘normal football’ so I’ll judge it on its own merits.

We were the better team, created enough good chances to have scored 2 easily, looked better defensively aside from the obligatory manic moments from Hause and Nakamba.

Nyland had one thing to do and on any other day he’d have failed miserably at it.

Davis looks the complete package....absolutely everything......except for goals. It just won’t go for him but he was a menace all day for them, and tends to be every time I’ve seen him play - surely the goals will come?!

Hourihane’s set plays were immense, a better set of players would have had a field day getting on the end of them today.

Grealish, whilst generally being the most accomplished player on the pitch again, looked a bit lethargic and sloppy to me, hopefully just rustiness and he’s not saving himself for his big move in the autumn.

I felt it was a must win game so I’m pretty disappointed overall, hope I’m wrong and we can find the points elsewhere.

Completely agree he is raw but has so many good attributes if he keeps doing what he's doing the goals have to come. 

Easy to forget he's even younger than Wesley too. 

• Like 2

Â