• El Ghazi
    • Trezeguet (for El Ghazi, 69)
    • Samatta (for Davis, 69)
    • Elmohamady (for Konsa, 76)
    • Nakamba (for McGinn, 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/20 at 22:59

Performed better than I expected honestly. Apart from the ghost goal did they really threaten us? Bit of a missed opportunity that I feel. 

Had plenty of chances but the same story with Villa this season we have no killer instinct and what will most likely be our downfall. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

We were by far the better team and barely conceded chances.

Can't see how you can be disappointed by that. Sheff Utd looked like a League 2 side out there. Do i have to remind Y'all where they sit in the table?

We might have been slightly better than a woeful team today but I dont see how that makes you PROUD OF THE BOYZ or think we'll beat Chelsea.

• Confused 1

Probably a fair result, they obviously had their "goal", we had the better chances in the game. All the talk will be about lucky Villa post-match, but we've deserved a bit of luck after some of the decisions that have gone against us this season.

Thought Hourihane was our MOTM and Davis, Luiz and Targett also had decent games. We got worse with the substitutions but they were subs we had to make really.

The conundrum seems to be Davis or Samatta, well for me Keinan starts the next game, he's far from a natural finisher and I know goals wins games but you can see his hold up play and bringing our midfielders into the game are vital. He was unlucky with the second half shot, should have buried the header. It will come.

I've seen enough to think we can stay up.

UTV

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

SO PROUD OF THE BOYS!

Bossed that game. Should have won that.

We were organized, energetic and a threat going forward, until Keinan went off.

Play like that and we can beat Chelsea. I firmly believe that.

I agree. It's on. Aren't United one of the best away teams in the league? We should have won. It was a story of keepers. There's is insane. Ours is insane too but completely for different reasons and he cannot play again. We could have easily won. It's a war now. I prefer our chances as of now than ore lockdown. At least it'll be interesting. We're a point behind, maybe two with the GD, but it's still on. 

• Like 1

Some positives. We weren’t exactly bad and it was a definite improvement but much of it was exactly the same. The same formation with Grealish negated out on the left and there was very little zip or energy to our play. We’re still awful at finding/creating space. There doesn’t seem to be much movement and our players seem to always receive the ball under pressure.

We just don't have what it takes. Not really anywhere on the pitch. Goal, defense, midfield, attack - all too poor. Poor players would need to work hard, but we're not a hard working team. 

However, this was a reasonably good game from us. We just won't improve much, I don't think.

• Like 1

No real support down the sides till elmo came on.

For once louiz stuck to the simple things and looked decent. 

Davis played well and should have had samatta up front with him, think we would have been looking at a couple goals had they both played.

We again though separate, theres too much distance between our players.

Nakamba ? Simple forward passes not tryibg to mess around 30 yards out !

Over all it was meh, we had 4 or 5 players who can shoot from range and no one did.

Far better result than it could have been

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Least we gained something from technology today after being shafted most of the season

Think we're going down though

Hard to say how other teams will react but it looks like Dean and his staff have managed to do some good work and that we look a better than before the break. Hopefully we can catch Chelsea cold and take some confidence in to Newcastle and Wolves. We've got 3 teams one point above us and another 3 points ahead, it's not impossible if we can find some touch in front of goal and keep performing like today.

I think we have benefited from a solid performance, a massive dollop of luck, the weirdness of no crowd and a more conscious/less instinctive footballing experience. As ever, such a shame Keinan didn't score because he was our man of the match. Our defence played well, but all of them have a critical mistake in them. Hope lives on, just about.

I suspect they will change the rules and give the goal to United and the 3 points as it shown that they are making it up as they go along.

This is a bit of a farce and I am just looking forward to watching football live, regardless of what division we will be in.

Sheffield united did nothing apart from the ghost goal that we all know was a goal but we got lucky. 

Defence was pretty good. Hause was awful at times.  

I actually think we might be better away from home with no fans

Grealish needs to play in the middle. Samatta wide left. Keinan up front who I thought was excellent despite the criticism levelled at hom.

Drop Conor who is absolutely anonymous and just has no influence on the game. 

Positives = clean sheet and no defeat. Good bit of match fitness - might play into our hands against Chelsea. McGinn got 70 minutes and didn't look as off the pace as I thought - due to all others not being at 100%.

Gutted we didn't come away with 3 points but still in the fight.

• Like 1

Â