• El Ghazi
    • Trezeguet (for El Ghazi, 69)
    • Samatta (for Davis, 69)
    • Elmohamady (for Konsa, 76)
    • Nakamba (for McGinn, 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/20 at 22:59

11 minutes ago, RobSpain said:

There are indeed but the forums aren’t filled with such witty fellows like yourself 🤣

Or negative fellows like yourself no doubt. 

Mcginn only made 9 passes with 7 successful. I know it’s not his game to get loads of touches and he normally has much less than others but I think it’s normal for players to be very cautious after his injury and hopefully confidence will grow with matches.

13 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Mcginn only made 9 passes with 7 successful. I know it’s not his game to get loads of touches and he normally has much less than others but I think it’s normal for players to be very cautious after his injury and hopefully confidence will grow with matches.

I thought Conor had a better game than him.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I thought Conor had a better game than him.

Yeah Conor was great. I think he feels the pressure from the fans (as many hate him) and this chilled atmosphere really suited him. 
much as he does he is really pretty anonymous in most matches other than big contributions and he looked a lot more available this time, my motm just ahead of Davis.

Talk Sport full of people calling in (mostly Sheff u or West Ham, Watford and other fans with a vested interest) ranting and saying the game should be replayed. Cant sleep and just heard a Presenter (Paul Ross i think) saying that it is a disgrace if Villa stay up by one point or Sheff U miss out on CL by one or two points. No mention of all the decisions that have gone against us. 

• Haha 1

I've read a few posts in this thread that are very critical of Hause again so I'm surprised that his performance has got a good review from both the Birmingham Mail and Sky. Sky gave him a seven.

41 minutes ago, robby b said:

I've read a few posts in this thread that are very critical of Hause again so I'm surprised that his performance has got a good review from both the Birmingham Mail and Sky. Sky gave him a seven.

People have prejudice against some players so focus on minutiae errors. I'm guilty of it with Trezeguet and Hourihane

• Like 1

From the highlights I thought we were considerably the better team.

Sure, they might've had a goal, one that would've been a result of clumsiness from our player instead of skill from one of theirs.

Call me biased if you will but I don't see why Sheffield United are unlucky, I thought they were rather lucky to take a point from that game.

It was us challenging with goal threat and having the better sequences of play.

• Like 4

I thought we started ok and for the first 30 mins were by far the better side. Just a shame we don't have any decent strikers at the club as the amount of situations we created compared to the threat we had from our attacking players was for me poor. Davies is frustrating as heck to watch as he just lacks a killer instinct completely which is a shame as his hold up play is decent.

Second half we faded i felt and those same old schoolboy errors were still present in abundance although i felt Sheff U got at us a bit quicker too after the break. Konsa again gave them a chance with a shocking pass straight to their attacker who thankfully messed up the final ball but clearly we still have a weak underbelly when it comes to controlling the football, indeed It is quite embarrassing the number of times we give up possession so so cheaply.

I was not overly impressed with Sheff Utd i have to say although of course they are a pretty tight unit having played as a group for so long and i agree that they were there for the taking, a better team than us would have beaten them today. We really did shut them down for the vast majority of that game and had that goal stood it would have been one heck of a flukey win for them in my book as they literally created nothing else and i genuinely felt the only team (if any) who deserved a goal was us.

As for that goal that wasn't, well we really were overdue a slice of fortune and that was it.

I Can't believe that nobody is mentioning the Penalty we should have had for the blatant two handed grab on Mings when he was looking favourite to get a header on target. Their player literally grabbed his shirt near his shoulder with two clenched fists and yanked him away from the ball. Penalty all day for me & yet again, like the Elghazi incident, it didn't even get a look from VAR. So TWO possible penalties in my book...Maybe if the fans had been there the pressure would have been enough to at least get those reviewed by VAR but as we have effectively lost home advantage this is the result. I actually think we nick that game if the fans had been there but after that goal that wasn't for them i guess we have to take the point and move on.

We did look a little more solid though which i think we'll need if we are to have any chance of survival. I said to my daughter we need 4 wins & 3 draws to get to 40 points.. well now it's 4 wins & 2 draws needed from 9 games. Big ask but at least we got something from it yesterday.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It cant be just them two surely that has happened regular. I wonder if Mings on the line is also blocking some image from the other post callabrating across with Nylands' side.

Two men on the posts from corners is about to get popular.

Performance is irrelevant. We need wins. 

Nine draws won't keep us up. Play Shit and nick a 1-0 win rather than look great and lose.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

In light of the goals against this season.....that result was an improvement.

A clean sheet was the most important feature of this game.

We was never going to sort our season out with this result, but its a move in the right direction...more clean sheets and it becomes a good habit to build on.

its clear we can defend or attack, but not good enough to do both....we need to do both moving forward.

I could write loads on our positives and negatives......but the nil is the most encouraging, for me.

if we keep drawing, we just need 2 wins, to have a real chance.

Nb we still have too many of the same players getting poor ratings.

Whilst I largely agree that we struggle to defend and attack in the same game,  it must be said that we had 14 shots last night and but for a MOTM performance from their keeper we could and  possibly should have won the game. A decent performance that gives us something to build on, it’s important that we do now build on it and not slump back to our pre-break malaise. 

• Like 3

United had a perfectly valid goal denied. There's no doubt about it. 

But last I checked a football match doesn't end in the 41st minute. Saying Sheffield United have been denied 3 points is having a laugh. The entire complexion of a game can change after a goal, especially with more than a half to play. 

It did they forget what happened the last time we played that lot and they were 3-0 up? 

• Like 2

Anybody else notice that Martin Tyler thanked the key workers for all they have done and then said “I hope you are all thankful to all at Sky who have worked so hard to get the PL back!” It sounded like he was trying to elevate that to the same level as a a key worker! Not sure how many people from Sky have died Martin but at the last count I’m pretty sure it was 0.......I hate Sky and Murdoch!

Anyway, back to the game. After a good nights sleep I do have to admit that there was a slight improvement but I still don’t think it will be anywhere near enough to keep us up. To get to this stage of the season without a clear plan is the issue and that has to be in the manager.

Plus points; Luiz, SJM being back (although he was poor), Targett (despite the ridiculous hair), Davis (please stay fit now).

Must do better; Conor (just not involved enough), Mings (please put as much effort in on the pitch as you do to your admirable off the pitch efforts), Jack (not at his best but still our greatest threat), AEG (please be as good as you should be more often).

• Like 1

Â