The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think butter on a sandwich is a british thing.  Horrified me when I realised it wasn’t universal!

The sandwich is a British invention, they are all wrong

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

The sandwich is a British invention, they are all wrong

My 2 brothers in law work at the factory that makes Warburtons bread bags (and tesco carrier bags, all made in a factory near morbach in germany) 

They've said to me more than once what the **** do we do with it all?! I've had to take photos for them of the bread aisle in our supermarkets so they can show the guys at work cos they struggle to get their heads around what we do with so much bread

Bread rolls is a big thing here (like hard to explain how big it is*) a slice of bread with then something spread on it too but 2 slices of bread and making a sandwich? Nope, not a thing 

* me and my wife have fallen out over her idea of daily meals, breakfast was brotchen with cheese and salami, dinner was like coleslaw, tomatoes and a brotchen, for tea she wanted brotchen with cheese again... She thinks that's normal

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think butter on a sandwich is a british thing.  Horrified me when I realised it wasn’t universal!

Northern Europe uses butter on bread, Southern Europe uses olive oil. The rest of the world follows whichever part of Europe they were under the empire of.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2020 at 12:21, villa4europe said:

My 2 brothers in law work at the factory that makes Warburtons bread bags (and tesco carrier bags, all made in a factory near morbach in germany) 

They've said to me more than once what the **** do we do with it all?! I've had to take photos for them of the bread aisle in our supermarkets so they can show the guys at work cos they struggle to get their heads around what we do with so much bread

Bread rolls is a big thing here (like hard to explain how big it is*) a slice of bread with then something spread on it too but 2 slices of bread and making a sandwich? Nope, not a thing 

* me and my wife have fallen out over her idea of daily meals, breakfast was brotchen with cheese and salami, dinner was like coleslaw, tomatoes and a brotchen, for tea she wanted brotchen with cheese again... She thinks that's normal

To be fair, bread rolls are quite nice, not sure for 3 meals in a row, though I wouldn’t complain.

And to be fair at least it’s salami which is a far superior sandwich/roll meat choice than say ham/chicken/turkey. Never understand the popularity of ham, just bland in comparison to a good slice of salami. 

41 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's like drinking the sea...!

The monkey island series was epic gaming! (also loved Day of the Tentacle) 

would love to play them again!

Apologies for veering off topic 🤭

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Same here, that egg is nowhere near runny enough

The yolk is runny. Don't tell me you like a snotty white.

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Bacon underdone.

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

And the bacon is overcooked

Says it all.

• Haha 1

Â