The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Just now, villa4europe said:

Ironic that you use a rachel gif seeing as Rachel famously can't cook ;)

I'll take her anyway...this could go off topic very fast

On 16/06/2020 at 22:47, bickster said:

Generally the only sandwiches I don’t like contain... you guessed it... lettuce. The absolute ruin of a good sandwich. I mean really why put weeds in with the good stuff.

The only thing worse and more ridiculous than lettuce on a sandwich is lettuce on a burger.  WTAF? At best it just mingles with your sauce of choice and makes the burger slide out between the bun, at worst it goes all sweaty and limp and is knocking on the door of vomit inducing. 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HOLD THE F IN LETTUCE. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Gravy in a sandwich?? Im done

If you have a hot roast sandwich, you need to have gravy. Not too much as it will make the bread sodden, but a little acts like a sauce and it goes a long way. 
homer drool GIF

• Like 1

On 17/06/2020 at 10:41, Seat68 said:

No, you can’t can you. So how in the name of all that is holy do you have a warm crisp sandwich. 

When I went to school I would spend half my dinner money going halves with someone on 10 Benson and Hedges which would leave me with enough money to go to the canteen and buy a packet of crisps and a hot freshly baked bread roll. 

Hollow out the bread roll with your finger (eating the warm dohey filling) and stuff the crisps inside.  Hey presto a hot crisp sandwich which tastes absolutely devine, and you have 5 'free' fags into the bargain. 

I reckon in my last 2 years of school that was the only sustenance I had between breakfast and tea. 

I haven't smoked since I was 21 but I wouldn't change a single school lunch even now. 

On 17/06/2020 at 10:43, Demitri_C said:

I dont ever eat crisps in a sandwich! A sandwich is a sandwich and crisps are crisps need to be eaten seperately!

Animated GIF

On 17/06/2020 at 16:47, The Fun Factory said:

Salad- what is salad?

Something invented by restaurants to make you think you've got a full plate whilst costing them f all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/06/2020 at 17:42, It's Your Round said:

After recently finding out that my cholesterol is too high, I’ve embarked on a three month mission to get it down. 

On today’s menu, plain porridge with banana and blueberries. Followed by spinach, rocket, celery, piccolo tomatoes, pepper, coriander, cucumber, radish and sun dried tomato salad with a piece of salmon. Then vegetarian spaghetti bolognese, wholewheat pasta of course and quorn mince for tea. 

From now on, every night before I go to bed, I am going to thank the Lord for Simvstatin. 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

A good gravy sandwich is the bisto chicken instant mixed thicker than it should be, southern fried goujons, crusty bread, bit of mustard 

200.gif

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

I can’t believe you’re all talking about putting gravy in a sandwich as if that’s normal and ok. I don’t care if you’re from the north or south, that’s just mental. 

WTAF? He's suggesting chicken with mustard and you've got an issue with something as compatible as bread and gravy? 

Bread and Gravy are like a symphony. 

Chicken and Mustard is like salt on a snail yet you totally overlook this? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blandy said:

You'd mop up gravy with some bread, right? so what's the difference that makes bread and gravy when horizontally such a bad thing?

No. What psycho is having bread with a gravy based meal??

Â