The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

If you have a hot roast sandwich, you need to have gravy. Not too much as it will make the bread sodden, but a little acts like a sauce and it goes a long way. 
homer drool GIF

Just have a roast then you heathen. Leave the bread alone. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

WTAF? He's suggesting chicken with mustard and you've got an issue with something as compatible as bread and gravy? 

Bread and Gravy are like a symphony. 

Chicken and Mustard is like salt on a snail yet you totally overlook this? 

Bread and gravy IS NOT A THING! Bread with a roast? No. Bread with a pie or any other vestibule containing gravy? No.

Bread with gravy does not exist in their natural, original, meal based forms. You’ve introduced bread with gravy as if they were ALWAYS together. They were NEVER together. It’s FAKE NEWS.  So don’t come at me with your suggestions that gravy belongs in a sandwich because gravy and bread are natural allies. The two had hitherto met. 

• Like 2

As a much younger man finding his feet in my first flat when i used to spend every available penny I had going out i used to live Off a loaf of bread and instant gravy most weekdays

50 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

As a much younger man finding his feet in my first flat when i used to spend every available penny I had going out i used to live Off a loaf of bread and instant gravy most weekdays

Let this be a warning to everyone, look how he turned out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

The only thing worse and more ridiculous than lettuce on a sandwich is lettuce on a burger.  WTAF? At best it just mingles with your sauce of choice and makes the burger slide out between the bun, at worst it goes all sweaty and limp and is knocking on the door of vomit inducing. 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HOLD THE F IN LETTUCE. 

I think I've posted this one before. Burger-chain around here does a Iceberg burger without buns. And they replace the chips with beans. Right up your and @bickster alley. 😘

image.thumb.png.942f849e5f4613a5508ed9b308c2b6a8.png

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

I think I've posted this one before. Burger-chain around here does a Iceberg burger without buns. And they replace the chips with beans. Right up your and @bickster alley. 😘

It's really too early to be posting pictiures of a septic minge, gross!

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Let this be a warning to everyone, look how he turned out!

I have gravy to thank for my success in life 

Edited by Follyfoot

I mop up all the fat and juices from the tray of the roast chicken with bread. Get through about 6 slices then scrape the crunchy bits off with a spoon. Then retire to the shower to wash my beard and hands. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I mop up all the fat and juices from the tray of the roast chicken with bread. Get through about 6 slices then scrape the crunchy bits off with a spoon. Then retire to the shower to wash my beard and hands. 

Is this before you’ve had the roast or after

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Right, I am out of likes and confused's but this thread has taken a dark turn with suggestions of not using butter on bread.  That's quite a sickening suggestion regardless of any further wet ingredients.

Which brings me to the disturbing suggestion of mayo on a crisp butty. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU ABSOLUTE SICKO'S?

The whole and entire point of a crisp sandwich IS THAT IT IS CRISP. Hello, hello. McFly.  The clue is in the name.  Butter all you need for moisture, butter and the oil in the crisp itself.  Crush the crisps down between the slices of bread and tuck into the crispy sandwich and savour the crunch with each bit you take.  

Soak it in Mayo? Freaks. 

You sir are the lord of sickos the way you describe your crisp sandwich !

Suitable options for enhancing baked beans: 

Butter

White pepper (not black - sorry, BLM) 

Brown sauce 

Tabasco/Encona/other hot sauce (don't overdo it) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Butter

Brown sauce 

Chilli flakes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Butter

Brown sauce 

Agreed on every single aspect.

Even the pepper. White is just so superior to black.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

Bread and gravy IS NOT A THING! Bread with a roast? No. Bread with a pie or any other vestibule containing gravy? No.

Bread with gravy does not exist in their natural, original, meal based forms. You’ve introduced bread with gravy as if they were ALWAYS together. They were NEVER together. It’s FAKE NEWS.  So don’t come at me with your suggestions that gravy belongs in a sandwich because gravy and bread are natural allies. The two had hitherto met. 

shocked jersey shore GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

shocked oh my GIF

Â