The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

On bagels - I did a load of testing for tescos on them too, my company had a bagel factory in Canada and we actually won thr tesco own brand contract, I ate an absolute tonne of them

I can see why people do it because its so quick and easy... Don't cut them in half and stick them in the toaster... Keep it whole and put it in the oven for about 8 - 10 minutes, that way the outer skin will get a snappy crust and the inside will stay light and fluffy, that's what it's meant to be

And onion ones are by far the best but a cinnamon and raison one with Nutella or peanut butter or jam (or a combination) is awesome too 

This one is specifically for @tonyh29

The missus inadvertantly or stupidly (jury's out) bought a packet of Walkers "Classic Cheeseburger" flavour Walkers crisps

If you tested these... your lab rats need new taste buds

Beyond grim

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

If I was this man I’d be stealing people’s chips for a laugh. And shitting on them. 

And live in inner city comprehensive school playgrounds as far away from the sea as possible. 

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Second best. Toasted onion bagel. Trust me on this. 

Surely you can get **** all bacon in a bagel?  I'd rather have a roll, I've never seen the point in bagels, I feel cheated by the hole in the middle.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely you can get **** all bacon in a bagel?  I'd rather have a roll, I've never seen the point in bagels, I feel cheated by the hole in the middle.

But in terms of filling space a bagel has possibly more than a standard roll. The hole is annoying though,

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

If I was this man I’d be stealing people’s chips for a laugh. And shitting on them. 

Why would you shit on the chips you had stolen?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

New York bagel shop will change your mind on how much meat can be fit in to a bagel! 

That was the wife's, I had bacon, sausage, egg and hash brown, didn't take a photo as it looked like something out of platoon, was incredible though 

Screenshot_20200627_214237.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

New York bagel shop will change your mind on how much meat can be fit in to a bagel! 

That was the wife's, I had bacon, sausage, egg and hash brown, didn't take a photo as it looked like something out of platoon, was incredible though 

Screenshot_20200627_214237.jpg

When I was in New York I had a bagel just off a random bagel stall on the side of the street.

Just cream cheese in it but it was the best **** bagel I've ever had in my life. I literally think about it on a weekly basis.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bickster said:

This one is specifically for @tonyh29

The missus inadvertantly or stupidly (jury's out) bought a packet of Walkers "Classic Cheeseburger" flavour Walkers crisps

If you tested these... your lab rats need new taste buds

Beyond grim

We don’t test the limited flavour stuff as they are only on limited release ,  so I’m in the clear .... I tried the Margarita pizza flavours one the other week , not a fan of that flavour either 

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When I was in New York I had a bagel just off a random bagel stall on the side of the street.

Just cream cheese in it but it was the best **** bagel I've ever had in my life. I literally think about it on a weekly basis.

We had those the one day and then went back the next and bought 3 more, didn't do a cream cheese one though, probably should have but I went for pastrami and then the aforementioned cinnamon bagel with peanut butter and jam on it which made me look like a 1 year old let loose on a pudding for the first time but it was amazing 

Bloody filling too! Being new York the price was of course daft but they were worth it 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We had those the one day and then went back the next and bought 3 more, didn't do a cream cheese one though, probably should have but I went for pastrami and then the aforementioned cinnamon bagel with peanut butter and jam on it which made me look like a 1 year old let loose on a pudding for the first time but it was amazing 

Bloody filling too! Being new York the price was of course daft but they were worth it 

Yeah very filling.

We were running late so didn't have time for a full breakfast so just grabbed something from the bagel stand thinking we'd be starving but it would fill a hole anyway.

I was stuffed after it.

On 27/06/2020 at 10:10, villa4europe said:

On bagels - I did a load of testing for tescos on them too, my company had a bagel factory in Canada and we actually won thr tesco own brand contract, I ate an absolute tonne of them

I can see why people do it because its so quick and easy... Don't cut them in half and stick them in the toaster... Keep it whole and put it in the oven for about 8 - 10 minutes, that way the outer skin will get a snappy crust and the inside will stay light and fluffy, that's what it's meant to be

And onion ones are by far the best but a cinnamon and raison one with Nutella or peanut butter or jam (or a combination) is awesome too 

I’ve never understood the love for bagels, why would you want something with a massive hole in the middle.

Just caught up on the thread and see others have already talked round this. 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Â