Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/20 at 23:59

the first 10 mins were actually quite good. we played some first time football. created two decent chances...we rode our luck with dodgy defending from Mings  but you expect that away from home.........then reina shit himself and  the nerves set in,

• Like 4

That was painful, a performance as bad as we've come to expect in recent weeks, probably worse in fact.

Way too many errors on the pitch, giving the ball away, not tracking from set pieces etc. Tactically outfoxed by Rodgers meant we never stood a chance. There isn't a single positive to take from tonight whatsoever. But that's football, and we have to move on to the next game now on a short week.

Guilbert was the stand-out worst player on the pitch, he was so bad I'm convinced he must have some kind of issue , maybe carrying a knock or an illness, he was so much slower and more lethargic than usual. I'll reserve judgement on him tonight because there's no way he plays that badly if he's not carrying something surely? 

Reina obviously made a bad mistake and, for what it's worth, I think Nyland will play the rest of the season. I can't see him getting back in the side after a couple of really poor games.

Midfield was pretty nonexistent, the less said the better.

Everyone at the club had better pull their fingers out because tonight was unforgivable. No passion, desire or effort from anybody tonight. 

I think the board have a decision to make with Smith and the rest of the season. Personally I wouldn't pull the trigger, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he went this week while the season is just about salvageable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Meh.

Well at least the pundit commentating alongside Andy Gray still believes in us.

Says he believes Villa Park will save us.

🙄

Forgotten his name, surely he's a closet Villa lover?

Oh I think you mean this fella -

C785C365-DB1F-ABBE-BEF5F76B8E2868E1.jpg

• Haha 1

Totally limp performance away from home again. But what can we expect when Hourihane starts? That was a bizarre selection.

Reina must now be dropped. 

At least there are only 4 away defeats left this season. 

Smith must be questioning himself now even if Purslow isn’t.

3 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I’ve remained cautiously optimistic up to now. This «performance» has me thinking we’re going down. Utterly depressing. Pathetic. No courage, no belief, no hint of pride. The players are probably hurting, but they’ll find little sympathy from me right now. This just isn’t good enough. 

This is me!

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Where was the effort we showed in the cup games. The players don't care!

I don’t think for a second they don’t care. They’ll be hurting after this. The problem is far more likely to be a lack of belief, a sense of doom and a total absence of courage. They need to grow a pair and step up, but it’s not because they don’t care.

Smith doesn’t deserve the cabbage, but he must know it’s coming with abject performances being racked up. I don’t see us winning again now. If he resigns he won’t won’t have relegated on his CV (that would hurt as a fan). Such a shame for him.

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We are without doubt the worst team in the division despite Norwich being below us. They actually resemble a football team that can string nice footballing moves together

Yep. Worst team by a mile - I think most opposition fans are pretty much laughing at how bad we are every week. Norwich are bottom but give teams a game much more than we do and have actually started defending better too, unlike us whose defending has just gone from bad to worse to plain terrible as the season has progressed.

I just want Smith out - at least try getting someone in who might give us a chance. Please. 

• Thanks 1

Guilbert was poor.

Luiz was poor

Reina was poor

Those three should not start against Chelsea however I am really sorry to say this but Dean isn't good enough. John T as defensive coach needs to share the blame and all the management should be given their notice first thing tomorrow as we need a new a chance to stop up and if that means the Tipton Terrier then we have to try as we are going down without a fight as it is

• Thanks 1

Absolutely disgusting first time I believe we'll go down 😥😭

They all should be dropped even grealish needs a kick up the arse 

I honestly think we may go to 442

Absolutely nothing sticks up front when there is a one because nobody within 50 yards of Samatta 

I think I would play 

Nyland 

Elmo mings hause Taylor 

Trez drinkwater grealish targett

Samatta davis

Get luiz out of the starting 11, he literally offers negative in regards to the team.

Taking up a place someone who wants to play in a teams place.

Yet another gutless lazy play for himself game. I count that now as pretty much every single game hes started bar 2 ?

Elmo in front of fred ? If you play both at least have the one who runs and challenges in the midfield and have the one who can cross from deep behind so he can..... cross from deep.

I just hope to McGrath that drinkwater has been on a treadmill the last 3 weeks because playing with this piss week midfield each week is killing us.

Super john needs to get his big ass back quickly because as it stands, the 2 Brazilians have been utter dog dirt the majority of the games they have played.

But but but they have fancy names and someone once said luiz was great.... behave and give your head a wobble.

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Playing a team out of form with a striker out of form.

Lose 4-0 and said striker scores 2. Vintage Villa.

Smith out first thing tomorrow please.

Well ,they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.....that result and performance says it all.

Â