Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Well ,they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.....that result and performance says it all.

This is why Smith has to go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Today’s performance was like the time that bird dumped in Ashley Young’s mouth.... and just for clarification are are Ashley Young....

for some reason I was just about to search *******.com fetish site for this video.........then i remembered😀

• Haha 1

We’ve got a very limited squad and arguably worse than the team that finished 6th in the Championship (with Tuanzebe and Abraham)

20+ out and 15(?) in means that £130m buys you very very average players

Whos to blame?  For me, primarily the old ownership/management who allowed our squad to deplete and left us reliant on loanees and players at the end of their footballing lives

Secondly, our recruitment has been lack lustre - I think we could have hoped to find better than Wesley, Nakamba and Luiz. Clearly  we couldn’t afford to buy the quality of Benerama and Bowen given the number of positions we need to fill but there must have been better value to be had?

The Hope was that we could survive by the skin of our teeth this season and sign three or four quality players for next season. That is looking unlikely now

I like Smith and would keep him no matter what but his position will undoubtedly come under pressure if a win doesn’t emerge soon

• Confused 1

Basically we ain't good enough even with all that spending in the summer. Gone up a summer too soon in hindsight, to much rebuilding to do in 2 months. Smith hardly doing a good job but I think there are some mitigating factors. Not sure what the answer is do we rip it up all over again in the summer or hope that the bulk of this side gets better a division below? Purslow has  a big decision to make. He talks a good game but this is the time when you earn your money.

• Like 3

They were set up ok, when they played with some confidence at the start we looked ok. Then the players lost their confidence, started to hide and then the gulf in class showed. We've got about a third of a premier league squad. 

To have stood a chance we needed to perform at the levels we saw in the final, or the Spurs game. We were a million miles off that and got stuffed. We need to find a way to give this lot some confidence to play, because our only hope is doing that and scoring goals, we are not going to magic up a defense in the last 10 games.

4 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

Absolutely disgusting first time I believe we'll go down 😥😭

They all should be dropped even grealish needs a kick up the arse 

I honestly think we may go to 442

Absolutely nothing sticks up front when there is a one because nobody within 50 yards of Samatta 

I think I would play 

Nyland 

Elmo mings hause Taylor 

Trez drinkwater grealish targett

Samatta davis

Agree with your comments but can’t be arsed to pick a different team

Reina: 3 - rush of blood to the head and could have just stood still for the penalty, distribution was awful also.
Engels: 3.5 - Got worse as the game went on
Mings 3: - looked too casual and rarely seemed up for it, it wasn't a handball but he shouldn't have given VAR a decision to make.
Guilbert 3: Can't defend at all and did nothing going forward
Targett 4: Best of a terrible bunch in the back four
Elmo 2: Must have touched the ball twice, no idea why he played
Nakamba 3: Headless chicken, even if he makes a tackle the ball goes back to the opposition, or his next pass does
Connor 4: Never should have started and did very little
Luiz 2:  Worst performances in a Villa shirt, gets the ball, loses the ball within seconds, can't pass, can't tackle
Grealish 4: Looks a shadow of himself
Samatta 4: Didn't really hold the ball up and looked totally isolated

El Ghazi, Davis - too late to rate

Time for Dean to go. There isn't an eleven available to him that would change results the players don't play for him at all.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

the first 10 mins were actually quite good. we played some first time football. created two decent chances...we rode our luck with dodgy defending from Mings  but you expect that away from home.........then reina shit himself and  the nerves set in,

Reina shit himself, because the full back was caught woefully out of position, once again.....reina at fault yes, but totally exposed by poor defending.

• Like 1

The owners have a decision to make here.

Do they go down into the CH with Smith or do they drop him now and try to salvage the season. And could another manager save the season at this stage.

I really wanted Smith to do well, but it looks like it is too much for him. We aren't even putting up any sort of fight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For anyone about to type "we've got 10 games yet", or "if we beat Palace, Toon and Spam", or "there's still hope" - just stop.

Please stop.

Scummy small heath will be getting their two cup finals per season again next year.

To think we paid all them millions,and not one of them players we brought look worth it. Tyrone Mings is not what the hype suggested, Guilbert was brought with a mind to the Championship and that's just about his level. Taggart has little pace and relays totally on Grealish being on song. Luiz is a luxury we can't afford, he's not the type for a struggle. Nakamba, bless him, gives his all,but lacks that bit of composure. Trez may as well learn to sum up, for all the time he spends on the bench. 

The lack of effort tonight added with us being devoid of any creativity is really worrying and as much as I love the manager he really needs to solve the many glaring issues we have,otherwise, we're doomed. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

I am usually fairly optimistic but sorry I think we are done now. 5 defeats in a row and glorious as our league cup run was it was a pointless distraction at present. We cannot defend and I have no confidence that we can beat any side in the top half- and even Palace at home looks marginal now. It just disappointing as for about half the season we looked odds on in just about staying up. Back to quest and colin murray. Sad face.

Remove Reina’s error and we go in at 0-0

remove the clear referee error and it’s still 0-0

and arguably the luckiest 0-0 all season 

but luck isn’t with us and neither are tactics , aggression , belief and ability 

For me I’d go Fat Sam for 10 games , he’s got a pedigree with lost causes and if he keeps us up great .. and if he doesn’t , I hear Brentford have a good manager at the moment , wonder if he fancies a job

• Thanks 1

Our defence is nothing more than shocking, Mings has been poor for months now. McGinn getting injured absolutely killed us. Luiz has been a passenger for 90 % of the season yet still plays most weeks. Conor is better off the bench. Nyland in sticks for rest of season, has done nothing wrong for me st all when he has played so far. Reina has always had a error in him for as long as I can remember, admittedly has saved us a few times. At the moment we may aswell pick the ball up once a half and throw it in our net... absolutely pathetic.

We need to go two up top when McGinn is back, jack will have to go out wide. Only way we got a chance imo 

Edited by leighavfc

I think if we keep getting ripped apart, there will be a team with its heart ripped out to face a championship battle, next season.

we all know what happened when we went down with 3 wins.....we are getting mighty close to that.

something has to happen to save confidence and save the club having its heart ripped out again.

• Like 1

Â