Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/20 at 23:59

17 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Absolutely horrid performance that was with not a single positive to take from it and VAR giving that pen for that word removed to score just capped the night off.

Smith got it totally wrong tonight, I am interested to hear his post match analysis but I've had enough for tonight.

I think he was torn between two formations tonight and it showed. We played 4 at the back against these at VP and got torn to shreds, tonight was the same. The cup games we played 3 at the back and although we still gave chances away we weren't left quite as 'exposed' as tonight. But because the 3 hasn't been working I think he trusted us to carry on with 4 but then negated all our attacking threat by playing Elmo and Conor who were both passengers and both hooked. 

I always knew tonight would be tough, but that was shambolic, he's going to have to work miracles to lift the players after that. It's probably more likely that the fans will do it on Saturday than him to be honest. Boy do they need our support now.

I'm clinging on to the hope that he stumbles on a winning team/formula and we gain some confidence from somewhere but it's looking gloomy to say the least.

No-one out there deserved any consideration for MOTM really, they were ALL poor, but special mention to Reina, Guilbert, Mings, Luiz and Conor who were the worst of the lot! 

I would think its gone past formations.....this team is bankrupt of any confidence.

i am not sure what the right thing to do is, but I can't think of any manager of the past, who would have survived this.....with Doug a decision would be made now.

we have to be careful, that the damage doesn't become irrepairable for several seasons.

The crucial thing now, is to preserve confidence at all costs.

27 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

If the owners dont sack him now, they can f**k off as well.  Not up to the job.

I'd take fat sam til the end of the season.

Except they are the owners and as such can do as they like. Fat Sam , then what ? New owners because ours are shit where are they coming from?

3 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I don't understand what we needed to do, ideally we needed both I guess, we seemed to just settled for quantity? Because clearly the quality isn't there.

£130m buys you four quality players or 15 journeymen - we needed numbers. 

it was a gamble that we could scrape through this season and strengthen again which looks like it isn’t going to work

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

To think we paid all them millions,and not one of them players we brought look worth it. Tyrone Mings is not what the hype suggested, Guilbert was brought with a mind to the Championship and that's just about his level. Taggart has little pace and relays totally on Grealish being on song. Luiz is a luxury we can't afford, he's not the type for a struggle. Nakamba, bless him, gives his all,but lacks that bit of composure. Trez may as well learn to sum up, for all the time he spends on the bench. 

The lack of effort tonight added with us being devoid of any creativity is really worrying and as much as I love the manager he really needs to solve the many glaring issues we have,otherwise, we're doomed. 

It was intensity, we lack....they are much sharper to the ball, we like time and space to play in.....this league won't allow that, and we wasn't ready for it.

on that showing the team looks the worst in the league....i think we need a miracle.

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

it was a gamble that we could scrape through this season and strengthen again which looks like it isn’t going to work

If we somehow manage to scrape through this season I hope the board realise we need real quality and not quantity.

1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

I can't believe we spent  £140m and have the worst team in the league.

Going down, and in such a miserable fashion. 

140 really isn't a lot of money when you have to build a team from scratch, only Jack and Mcginn were good enough to be regular starters for us. So that makes it 9 starters you need to buy, which makes it an average of 15.5 million pounds a player. And that's without considering the bench. 

But I agree, they have been spent terribly. 

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was intensity, we lack....they are much sharper to the ball, we like time and space to play in.....this league won't allow that, and we wasn't ready for it.

on that showing the team looks the worst in the league....i think we need a miracle.

We had intensity... For 10 minutes. What infuriates me is that we CAN play good football. We just don't, for some reason. 

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I am really not sure that holds much water....Our second best player was 2.75 mill.

we paid about 85 mill for 6 players....guilbert, target, nakamba, luiz, el ghazi and trez.

I think we could have done better,......to split it equally as some suggest ,is misleading imo....I think the 2 reserve full backs are no worse than the selected ones....thats 20 mill

if we sold the £130 mill batch we would possibly lose a great deal of money.

it doesn't appear to be working, really.

8 minutes ago, WooJung said:

We had intensity... For 10 minutes. What infuriates me is that we CAN play good football. We just don't, for some reason. 

Because they introduced their intensity and we went missing.

we can play good football, when opposition teams give them time and space to play in....deny us that and we go to pieces.....like tonight.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, WooJung said:

we do play football  but only for 10 sometimes 20 minutes - then its come and play all around us 

11 minutes ago, WooJung said:

140 really isn't a lot of money when you have to build a team from scratch, only Jack and Mcginn were good enough to be regular starters for us. So that makes it 9 starters you need to buy, which makes it an average of 15.5 million pounds a player. And that's without considering the bench. 

But I agree, they have been spent terribly. 

I am not saying it doesn't have merit anymore than saying another builder could have done better with that money....by signing players more conducive with staying up.

Its really simple  - You cant continue to attempt to play open football at this level with the players at his disposal . His football philosophy is totally  flawed in this league. 

He as not learned anything or adapted to his surroundings.   

• Thanks 1

Juat back from yet another spineless away performance.
Smith is way out of his depth, he’s taking us down and I have no confidence in him bringing us up. We may as well roll the dice and replace him now as we’ll end up doing it at some stage next season.

Also whoever signed Reina needs sacking.

25 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

If we somehow manage to scrape through this season I hope the board realise we need real quality and not quantity.

And what happens when the quality is injured ? We need both but that takes time, if we hadn’t driven out those players in the past that are now performing far better than our current squad around Europe and the Premier league we might actually be building a squad that could cope with the premier league. Sadly most want instant success.

Okay.........hands up those of us who kinda knew we weren't going to bring our cup final fighting spirit in to this game ?

Me, for one and I don't feel any kind of "told you so" satisfaction.

God help us on saturday evening 😫

• Thanks 1

Sad performance after having a week to prepare and rest. I really think the staff needs to lock them all in a room and watch these films....it is pretty pathetic how bad some of these recent games were. It is hard to face Leicester, but we made it easy for them with countless errors and mistakes. Nyland and hopefully McGinn back for the next match to give us a spark because we looked dead out there tonight. 

Â