Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/20 at 23:59

Leicester have been awful without Ndidi and Vardy. We play them when they both come back from injury. 

We were piss poor. 

Leicester fans are obsessed with us. Only two songs I heard were taunting us. Nothing all game. 

I have to try and be positive. We have a game in hand and McGinn is returning 

Just now, rbcuk said:

Gutless the lot of them, never have I seen a team with no desire, sooner some leave the better

Where was the effort we showed in the cup games. The players don't care!

We're done. 

This squad isn't good enough. We simply don't have enough players that are good enough to stay in this league. 

Coming up with what we had was too much of a leap - we needed to spend double that £140m and you're just not allowed to do it.

Go down, lose a couple we love, sell a couple we don't and build a young side that's better than the one that came up.

Well played Leicester - see you in 2024.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I’ve remained cautiously optimistic up to now. This «performance» has me thinking we’re going down. Utterly depressing. Pathetic. No courage, no belief, no hint of pride. The players are probably hurting, but they’ll find little sympathy from me right now. This just isn’t good enough. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Where was the effort we showed in the cup games. The players don't care!

Exactly I’d rather some of the youth team in than this shower who just don’t care

Disgraceful. Leicester putting in more effort when 4-0 up in the 90th minute than Villa put in after the 10th minute. Chasing, pressing, tackling, just bloody running. So angry.

Can excuse lack of quality, but lack of effort is unacceptable. That falls on the manager. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, bojong said:

Worst game of the season

When we are spoilt for choice that’s some statement. I think Southampton or Watford were worse, but it makes a mockery of the assertion that Smiths teams finish strongly.

We’re getting towards Leicester winning the league levels of miracle for this lot to stay up.

Tempting to blame Smith but those players are just not good enough whichever way it look at it.

Weakest midfield on the league by a country mile even with Grealish, take him out and it’s barely acceptable Championship level.

Stick a fork in us...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our trouble is midfield - Luiz is decent and will be a Premier league player, but he's just a kid and he's both inconsistent and naive - in the absence of McGinn he's our best central midfielder and he's absolutely nowhere near being ready to drag a midfield through a relegation battle - behind him Nakamba can do a limited role pretty well, but we need a better midfield to let him play that role - Hourihane isn't a Premier league player, Lansbury might not be a Championship player - behind those there's nothing= Drinkwater? Don't make me laugh! We can move Grealish into central midfield but we can't give him the support he needs to succeed there. 

One reasonable Premier league midfielder, one promising kid, one who can only do one job and two lumps of nothing at all. There's no combination of those players that gives you a chance of winning games at this level.

Jose Bruce Lee Pepklopp couldn't do anything about that.

• Thanks 1

Like I said in the match thread, we were down after Spurs. There's no hope for us. We aren't even gonna get a point in our next 4 games, never mind 10 wins we should be worried for 10 defeats on the bounce.

It's just a long wait until this season is over now and we go again in the Championship. 

Motm, I can’t choose...all rubbish

Managers performance....poorer than the options available

Hopefully I’ll be more positive tomo and we still have a game in hand but at the moment it’s conceding with ease and could’ve been 8-0 today and I wouldn’t have complained.  We had no attacking force and our midfield is so poor.  Then the pen wasn’t a pen.  Smith delayed too long to make changes and obviously his half time talk had no effect not that it ever does anyway.

very depressed by it all.....can’t see a positive tonight at all.

Â