Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/20 at 23:59

Yes our coaching staff seem to have the opposite of the golden touch. Mings is a classic example. He started the season as a potential England regular. He is now a error strewn clodhopper. You couldn't make it up......

ATB

VLD.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TRO said:
  • I agree.....How that was HAND ball is beyond me.....at one time it was from the elbow up, IIRC.....and the rules are the rules , but that, no not for me.
  • However the push by Hourihane of Maddison was far more of a pen, i think we got away with that.
  • As much as I am ****ed off with Reina, He was totally exposed with defending from a full back, I have no words to describe, should have been hooked.....no excuse for the red mist once gain, but that full back play is lower leagues.

The push by hourihane is a far easier decision then because the game is gone. It's easier to say no when the side is winning comfortably. I think, if the score was 1-0 at the time, penalty would've been given. It's also one you could argue either way for, the handball is a definitive no. To the letter of the law. 

Guilbert caught out many times, the first time he made a last ditch tackle on Justin. It happened numerous times after. Agreed, it was pathetic defending. But Reina, with all his experience, shouldn't be making rash decisions. I think we now need to prep for the championship. Reina isn't part of that, so get rid. We haven't decent deputies who will put in a performance. 

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

The push by hourihane is a far easier decision then because the game is gone. It's easier to say no when the side is winning comfortably. I think, if the score was 1-0 at the time, penalty would've been given. It's also one you could argue either way for, the handball is a definitive no. To the letter of the law. 

Guilbert caught out many times, the first time he made a last ditch tackle on Justin. It happened numerous times after. Agreed, it was pathetic defending. But Reina, with all his experience, shouldn't be making rash decisions. I think we now need to prep for the championship. Reina isn't part of that, so get rid. We haven't decent deputies who will put in a performance. 

i agree.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

yeah, I did.

We did sign quantity over quality, but my point was the argument in my opinion is not conclusive..... We didn't spend too much....we spent too much on players, we can't get a tune out of.

There are modest signings around that we could have picked up and subsequently spent a bit more in key area's.....but its down to talent spotting too....that is the key.

most us was happy with the signings trying to be positive and giving them a chance, which is natural......but time has proved otherwise.

Spurs are experiencing a problem with Tanguy Ndombele, having forked out c 60 mill.....In contrast Wilder and Dyche have picked up bargains and tuned them in to merchantable quality for what they do.

Big money, does not always guarantee success.

- If you are saying we could have bought different players for the same money who would have done better then I don’t think you would have any argument from anyone

- big money doesn’t guarantee success - again no one would disagree

My main point was that it’s a fine line between success (17th) and failure (18th down). For me the injury to McGinn and the poor signing in Wesley are the two factors that will cause this season to be seen as a failure 

Had (should) we stayed up I would expect us to sign three or four quality players and be much better next season (as Targett, Gilbert, Luiz, Konsa etc bed in and mature) - IF that had happened I would have expected us to be better than Sheffield and dour Burnley

However, it looks like the gamble isn’t going to pay off but I’m still confident that we will do well in the championship next season and come back with a much better and more rounded squad than this time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

If he is going to go, I hope its now.....we have seen enough, without any hope of it changing.

I sincerely hope, that we don't go 10 games without a win and then sack him, because that is not leadership for me.

I too think we will go now.....and a new manager, will have 10 games to acclimatise himself for next season.....thats being " Prepared"

Yes it should be now, but I’m sure they’ll carry on with him regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season. Even if he loses every single game, which wouldn’t surprise me the way we’re playing, they’ll still delay until the summer and even then I have my doubts they’ll get rid given the farcical circumstances surrounding his 4-year contract. He did look a beaten man last night so hopefully he is considering resigning, but unfortunately I don't see it as the sack would be much more beneficial for him financially. 

I really am done with us now for the season, I have kept trying to believe in the team under this manager but after last night’s debacle I just can’t. I feel like crap every time I watch this team seeing us perform as badly as we do, so I will do my best to be indifferent to the team's results whether we win, lose or draw. Life's easier when not taking the Villa so seriously to be honest. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VillaCas said:

- If you are saying we could have bought different players for the same money who would have done better then I don’t think you would have any argument from anyone

My main point was that it’s a fine line between success (17th) and failure (18th down). For me the injury to McGinn and the poor signing in Wesley are the two factors that will cause this season to be seen as a failure 

Had (should) we stayed up I would expect us to sign three or four quality players and be much better next season (as Targett, Gilbert, Luiz, Konsa etc bed in and mature) - IF that had happened I would have expected us to be better than Sheffield and dour Burnley

However, it looks like the gamble isn’t going to pay off but I’m still confident that we will do well in the championship next season and come back with a much better and more rounded squad than this time

I get that.

That was the way i saw it too....but its a team we need and i don't see one, just a collection of 11 players.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yes it should be now, but I’m sure they’ll carry on with him regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season. Even if he loses every single game, which wouldn’t surprise me the way we’re playing, they’ll still delay until the summer and even then I have my doubts they’ll get rid given the farcical circumstances surrounding his 4-year contract. He did look a beaten man last night so hopefully he is considering resigning, but unfortunately I don't see it as the sack would be much more beneficial for him financially. 

I really am done with us now for the season, I have kept trying to believe in the team under this manager but after last night’s debacle I just can’t. I feel like crap every time I watch this team seeing us perform as badly as we do, so I will do my best to be indifferent to the team's results whether we win, lose or draw. Life's easier when not taking the Villa so seriously to be honest. 

I concur 

its all been said......we know what we are dealing with now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TRO said:

Thats what Nakamba was supposed to be.....but he is not.

Disagree, and so do all of his defensive stats.

One of the better defensive midfielders in the league, but as you have said, he is a limited player.

When he breaks up play he needs someone near him to lay it off to so he doesnt have to play intricate football, as that isnt his game.  Thats what Luiz is there for, but Luiz often goes missing.

When mcginn is back, the partnership of nakamba and mcginn will be good as mcginn has that engine that luiz doesnt.

Nakamba, of all our midfielders currently fit, is the only one i would keep if by some miracle we stayed up.

18 hours ago, VillaCas said:

On the Wes signing - couldnt agree more.

Had we gotten Samatta instead of Wes, i think our season would have played out differently.  Samatta looks a much better player at this level.

On 11/03/2020 at 08:40, flashingqwerty said:

Disagree, and so do all of his defensive stats.

One of the better defensive midfielders in the league, but as you have said, he is a limited player.

When he breaks up play he needs someone near him to lay it off to so he doesnt have to play intricate football, as that isnt his game.  Thats what Luiz is there for, but Luiz often goes missing.

When mcginn is back, the partnership of nakamba and mcginn will be good as mcginn has that engine that luiz doesnt.

Nakamba, of all our midfielders currently fit, is the only one i would keep if by some miracle we stayed up.

I don't see it the same.....I am not arguing with stats, they are facts and I accept that...and I respect your opinion as you know.

not trying to be awkward, but how can he be limited, if he is one of the better defensive midfielders in the league, i can't reconcile that.....there are some pretty good defensive midfielders in our league to eclipse him, maybe the stats are misleading.

I don't see him stop the opposition as much as I expected him too....He did better when he first came, but I see him standing off for periods in a game and not getting touch tight on his man....not sure what his instructions are, but I see him in large space quite often, ball watching as opposed to closing down.

Its not often we disagree, but on this, I see it different....maybe we break up play too deep to get our creative game going......our average is 78.6 meters from the opponents goal only Newcastle is deeper in the league.

I do confess, its difficult to appraise any player right now, when they are all so poor.

On 11/03/2020 at 08:43, flashingqwerty said:

On the Wes signing - couldnt agree more.

Had we gotten Samatta instead of Wes, i think our season would have played out differently.  Samatta looks a much better player at this level.

But we spent 22 mill on Wes and 8.5mill on Ally......and yet some defend our recruitment.

I think we could have spent c140m far more wisely.....maybe it was the amount we had to get in marred our ability in due dilligence, who knows.

conversely, Leicesters ability in the transfer market is the one to be admired.....and how that has transformed to the pitch.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â