Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

13 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Sometimes, on this forum, I feel as though I have strayed into a strange virtual gentleman's club, with virtual leather armchairs and virtual brandies on highly polished virtual mahogany side tables.

Sounds perfect.

This lad is ready. Back to Cash for a season he will definitely be ready for. In fact Cash better watch out, because he could take his place in team. Quick, skillful, almost impossible to press. Perfect for what Gerrard is trying to create.

Not sure how I feel about him being recalled, he seems like the only one of our youngsters doing well out on loan. I hope it’s so SG and the coaching staff can have a look at him before he goes out on loan again at the end of the month, ideally Championship or a top L1 side.

Just now, Farlz said:

Why

We finally get a loan that’s working for everyone and then cut it short? Should’ve stayed the full season. 

Probably got a Championship loan after Fridays performance or Gerrard wants to make sure we have more full back cover considering we only have 1 rightback in the squad at the moment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Why

We finally get a loan that’s working for everyone and then cut it short? Should’ve stayed the full season. 

I expect he will get minutes now. Get him around the first team and under Gerard’s tutelage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Why

it was the same with sarkic last season. was doing great for livingstone then recalled him. KKH doesn't sound happy about it in his tweet either. i hope we don't regret this because he's a real prospect

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Why

Because he's not learning anything playing league 2. He's excelled past that by the sounds of it.

Right decision. Get him at a Champo or around the first team

• Like 2

Stevie G clearly wants to have a closer look at him. I think we’ll see this guy in match day squads. 
You have to assume that SG wants a bigger panel of players to choose from due to Covid. And worst case he can play for the u23 team!  

He’s perfect for what Gerrard wants. An attacking full back who seems to have improved his defending. I’m a big fan of Cash but he’ll do well to keep this kid from getting more and more game time. 

Kessler is very quick as well and I think Gerrard wants pace down the flanks. It’s just a damn shame he isn’t a left back because Cash has been very good this season! 

• Like 2

Genuinely excited by Kessler Hayden. The Gerrard/Klopp system has reinvented exactly what full backs are and what their role is. They’re expected to cover the entire side of the pitch. On the front foot when we attack and almost further forward than the 10’s and expected to defend when we’re on the back foot. 

Look at the amount of assists TAA and Robertson get at Liverpool. That’s what Gerrard wants.

The two 6’s (in our case Ramsey and McGinn) are in there to cover when they bomb on. Look at the way Liverpool do it. They almost play 3 defensive midfielders in Thiago, Henderson and Fabinho. They allow Robertson and Alexander Arnold to almost play as wingers up front alongside Salah and Mane. 

Kessler will benefit from this system due to his athleticism and speed.

• Like 2

Wow.

Similar to what I said about Ramsey...if he doesn't play, you won't convince me he'll have been better off here than playing every game out on loan.

Ramsey has ended up playing over 60% of available mins so that's great for him. Correct decision to keep him here.

Swindon will have been begging to keep him. Absolutely begging. He must be coming back to go for a first XI spot. Chance of a Championship loan I suppose but I reckon the boss has liked what he's seen.

Â