Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Surprised by this but trust the club. Not sure how this improves his development when he's been flying on loan there. 

He is better than LG2. The decision does not surprise me, whither he is for the first team squad or a loan further up the pyramid. Both of which will improve his development.

if he does stay with the first team, i just really hope that we dont let him stagnate as backup, he either needs to get game time with us, or go on loan.

Sitting on the bench for 6 months and not getting many minutes, will be no good for him.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is the key here. Our really good youngsters are just that. Youngsters. We dont have any players who sit in that age void between the youth and first tteam.

Ramsey? Chuwuemeka?

Interesting that they’ve recalled Kesler and not Guilbert. May be conditions of the Guilbert loan mean he can’t come back, as he’s been putting up great numbers in France. 

Provided cover for Cash, but should he need to step up, it’s a big step up. Although he has looked good from what I’ve seen. 

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Interesting that they’ve recalled Kesler and not Guilbert. May be conditions of the Guilbert loan mean he can’t come back, as he’s been putting up great numbers in France. 

Provided cover for Cash, but should he need to step up, it’s a big step up. Although he has looked good from what I’ve seen. 

Because Kaine is classed as homegrown talent, does he get a ‘free’ place in the squad? Whereas, would Fred take a regular squad place? 

I’ve not expressed that v well at all…shows you I don’t truly understand what I’m on about 

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Because Kaine is classed as homegrown talent, does he get a ‘free’ place in the squad? Whereas, would Fred take a regular squad place? 

I’ve not expressed that v well at all…shows you I don’t truly understand what I’m on about 

Yes very true. Kesler won’t need to be registered at all because of his age, and HG status, so allows us to continue the January splurge! 

Realistically for me he's not going to come back and be starting games over Cash. Sitting on the bench won't really do him any good. 

If he's come back to train with the first team for a few weeks and then loan him out again I just think why cut the Swindon loan short? They're in a promotion battle in League 2, playing good football, doing well and Kesler himself seemed very settled and enjoying his time. He looked good against City but he's not absolutely dominating and taking the piss out of League 2 football, I'm sure Swindon fans would tell you that. I really think it would've been better to have him see the loan out, try and get promoted with Swindon and then have him return in the summer. 

Bringing him back now to most likely sit on the bench or loan him out elsewhere just seems wrong but that's just my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Realistically for me he's not going to come back and be starting games over Cash. Sitting on the bench won't really do him any good. 

If he's come back to train with the first team for a few weeks and then loan him out again I just think why cut the Swindon loan short? They're in a promotion battle in League 2, playing good football, doing well and Kesler himself seemed very settled and enjoying his time. He looked good against City but he's not absolutely dominating and taking the piss out of League 2 football, I'm sure Swindon fans would tell you that. I really think it would've been better to have him see the loan out, try and get promoted with Swindon and then have him return in the summer. 

Bringing him back now to most likely sit on the bench or loan him out elsewhere just seems wrong but that's just my opinion. 

With the "taking the piss out of league 2 football" I think you've answered your own question

He wont be going back to league 2

And sitting on our bench for the rest of the season won't necessarily be a bad thing, I'm sure cash will at least pick up a suspension even if he stays healthy and we have no cover, it's not ridiculous to say he'll make his debut this season and make say 5 appearances 

We're likely going to be sending out Archer and Philogene-Bidace on loan in the second half of the season, so he will likely help fill the spaces in the squad left by those two, and he will probably have a better chance of getting game time than those two as well, as it will be just be between him and Cash for the right-back spot, whereas, Archer and Philogene-Bidace have all manner of players that they're in competition with for game time.

It could end up being the perfect season development wise for him, first half out on loan getting plenty of game time and all the other benefits associated with a loan, and second half back with us, getting slowly introduced into the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

tbh im pretty sure thats nonsense.

If you read the Swindon forum there are people saying he was due to be recalled anyway, but we let him stay for the Man City game before coming back, im sure i have read that elsewhere also.

• Like 1

He’s 19 with half a seasons footie behind him so in terms of career development our next move will be well considered and the best for him. 

Would training daily with the 1st team squad and under our tutelage, surrounded by world/top class players, outweigh regular match time at a lower level and  standard?  

Edited by thabucks

I think in this case, our shortage of fullbacks has temporarily taken precedence over his career development - right now, with Young out, if Cash hands in a positive Covid test, we'd end up having to play God only knows who there...Konsa? McGinn? Sanson?

We're a club with one right back, and for now I think it's very sensible to call Kaine back from his loan, even though on a personal level he's been very happy there and he's developing nicely.

• Like 2

Â