Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

KKH showed real maturity beyond his years last night and this loan to Swindon has done him the world of good. Positionally sound throughout, some super interceptions, decent passing and didn’t look fazed at any point. This lad should be ready to challenge Cash next season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

I agree on that showing but it's a big gamble at his stage. If he gets loaned out to a championship club ( with guarantees on him starting ) then he will meet a higher quality of winger week in week out without the pressure of failing in one game, at our level, and being dropped, a situation that is hard to come back from. 

This all day long. We are in a position, for once, where we can (to quote another poster) ‘do it properly’. We are in no rush for him to come back and can progress his development in a structured manner.

We don’t need to drop this guy into the first team, smash his confidence and then sell him for peanuts. We can nurture him.

This approach ensures that he either becomes a first teamer for us or we make a decent amount of money on him when he moves on. It’s amazing how the perspective changes when the club is being run properly. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

I agree on that showing but it's a big gamble at his stage. If he gets loaned out to a championship club ( with guarantees on him starting ) then he will meet a higher quality of winger week in week out without the pressure of failing in one game, at our level, and being dropped, a situation that is hard to come back from. 

Either way hes one hell of a talent 

Liverpool feel capable of bringing their players into the first team without much or any time out on loan. We've JJ in regular first team action after 6 months out on Loan. I think a full year for KKH is plenty and he should be tested in pre season and a decision made then. We have no RB cover for Cash either. I imagine we would cash in on Guilbert, he won't want to play back up and we won't want to miss out on turning a profit on a player excelling in France. I suppose we will extend Young for another year as he's so versatile and is a leader and winner. Also if we sign Hickey he is both footed and can lay either LB/RB. 

I just feel with the EFL cup and Pap Johns Trophy and no clear RB cover for Cash KKH would be best served being at Villa next season, at least for the first half of season.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I never said he should be starting games for our first team now. I said that he should be in a position to challenge Cash next season. That would mean being around the first team and playing the odd game. 

Exactly.

Is he any less ready to be involved in PL games than Chukwuemeka? Not at all. Definitely worth sticking on the bench next season.

His loan move will have benefitted him, and us, greatly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This isnt really a question of being ready or not. Its a question of even if he is ready,  would it be to his detriment to spend the large majority of the season on the bench ? . He has just turned 19 and its probably more beneficial for his long term development to play every week . 

As mucb as we want our youngsters to all come through , there is no rush yet . Lets give them all a chance to make it at their own speed 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Is he a Villa fan as well, I know he’s a local lad but just wondered

Is there anyone left in the world that deep down isn’t? I can’t imagine there is, apart from Sky and BBC pundits. Fools!

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This isnt really a question of being ready or not. Its a question of even if he is ready,  would it be to his detriment to spend the large majority of the season on the bench ? . He has just turned 19 and its probably more beneficial for his long term development to play every week . 

As mucb as we want our youngsters to all come through , there is no rush yet . Lets give them all a chance to make it at their own speed 

You could also say, is it more beneficial for him to be training with elite Prem players week in week out and elite coaches at Villa. He'll get games in EFL Cup and the U23s play in the Papa Johns tropy so there are games in the first half of a season. Also the workload the full backs are expected to do means they are the most likely to burn out. So Cash will need to be rested for some games. Also I think KKH has impact value with his pace to come on for Cash as an attacking sub. We have no full backs to bring on atm so we can't make that kind of change.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You could also say, is it more beneficial for him to be training with elite Prem players week in week out and elite coaches at Villa. He'll get games in EFL Cup and the U23s play in the Papa Johns tropy so there are games in the first half of a season. Also the workload the full backs are expected to do means they are the most likely to burn out. So Cash will need to be rested for some games. Also I think KKH has impact value with his pace to come on for Cash as an attacking sub. We have no full backs to bring on atm so we can't make that kind of change.

Really good points made there mate. Thats the conundrum that has to be weighed up. How does he get whats best for his development. I guess part of becoming a good player is seeing how you adapt on loan at a young age and he certainly has done that . So a season back at BH might be huge for him. I guess it is wait and see, but the underlying good news is that he seems to have enough in his locker to have a very good chance of making it at Villa 

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Needs to get his bloody hair cut.

Sometimes, on this forum, I feel as though I have strayed into a strange virtual gentleman's club, with virtual leather armchairs and virtual brandies on highly polished virtual mahogany side tables.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Great to see him take the opportunity to show the world some of what he's about. The bit people didn't see is just how much he can be a threat at the top end of the field, which is kind of understandable given the opposition - it's great for those that have seen a lot of him though to see just how much his defending has come on.

Hopefully someone on YouTube has collated his best bits from the city game 

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Cole Palmer (who looks a real talent tbf) getting more plaudits for playing well against lower league opposition than KKH is for playing well against PL opposition.

Thats exactly, what I thought......The media are so vacuous at times.

• Like 1

I was very impressed with Kaine .....some of his footwork was sublime.

However, still much work to do and some filling out too.....One of the crucial things about top Full backs is positional play and subsequently decision making....but he had so many good things going on.

Its so,so important to read the game well and know where to be......I noticed he was constantly looking around and over his shoulder, to see where opponents was.....that is a good sign in my book.

• Like 4

Â