Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

40 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Is anybody skilled enough with video editing to make a YT video of his touches vs Man City? 

I only saw the last 25 mins and feel like I missed out. Very little video of him in a Swindon shirt generally on YT. 

On 08/01/2022 at 14:12, Brumstopdogs said:
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm sure cash will at least pick up a suspension even if he stays healthy and we have no cover, it's not ridiculous to say he'll make his debut this season and make say 5 appearances 

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think in this case, our shortage of fullbacks has temporarily taken precedence over his career development - right now, with Young out, if Cash hands in a positive Covid test, we'd end up having to play God only knows who there...Konsa? McGinn? Sanson?

It's certainly possible that he'll be with the first team. We know that, if Cash gets hurt/suspended, Konsa can play right back, but that would mean putting Hause in the middle, and we know that's not ideal. So having Kesler as cover makes sense so we could stay with our usual centre back pairing.

However, it's also possible that Gerrard thought that he needs to play at higher level and they recalled him hoping to lend him out either to a Championship club or abroad.

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Wow didn’t realise how good he was. Marty Cash should be worried. 

One of those players that glides with the ball . He is quicker than he looks because there is so little effort by him when he runs. That reducer on D'Bruyne in the second half. He made up 10 yards in 3 seconds on him. 

He is strong as well. Doesnt need to bulk up as he is a gymnast . Well i presume he is based on his olympian celebration against Brighton a year ago in the youth cup

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's not allowed on the bench later is he?

No, played in previous rounds for Swin. I think he's here for a closer look and may stay, or be assessed as needing a further loan, I can see him going back to Swin if needed.

1 hour ago, TomC said:

However, it's also possible that Gerrard thought that he needs to play at higher level and they recalled him hoping to lend him out either to a Championship club or abroad.

Not according to Swindon's manager but who knows.

“The conversations that we’ve had are that they’ve taken Kaine back to see where he’s at, it’s not a case of taking him back and loaning him elsewhere." -Ben Garner

They think it's possible that we'll take a look, and might send him back to Swindon if he's not ready.

The thing is, when we ask the question "Is her ready?" we're not asking if he's ready to replace Cash, we're asking if he's ready to replace Ashley Young at right back. It looks like Digne will mean we've got left back cover, but at right back - we've got almost nothing. We've got a former left winger who was converted to a left back who is capable of playing on the right because he's a smart footballer - it's a different question - I don't think we need to ask if he's ready for first team football as much as we need to ask, how deep would the hole be if Matt Cash tested positive or pulled a muscle?

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The thing is, when we ask the question "Is her ready?" we're not asking if he's ready to replace Cash, we're asking if he's ready to replace Ashley Young at right back. It looks like Digne will mean we've got left back cover, but at right back - we've got almost nothing. We've got a former left winger who was converted to a left back who is capable of playing on the right because he's a smart footballer - it's a different question - I don't think we need to ask if he's ready for first team football as much as we need to ask, how deep would the hole be if Matt Cash tested positive or pulled a muscle?

Agreed and I think he'll get minutes this season at RB as Cash has played every game so far. He can't keep this up and playing for Poland

I doubt we will send him back to Swindon now, not sure what it would do for his confidence to call him back and then to tell him that he's not good enough and has to go back to play in League Two. I think we will have called him back because we're fairly confident that he's ready to at least play his part as a squad player, and I'm sure he will do enough to show the coaches this month that he's ready as well, he's arealdy put in two good performances against Premier League opposition in Liverpool and Man City.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Was Ash on a 1 or 2 yr deal? Must be his replacement if they like him as you say. No way he dislodges Cash although I wouldn't say no to a Digne level replacement on that side too.

I think Young was brought in as left back cover and emergency midfield and right back cover - to be fair to him he's such a clever player you could probably get a performance out of him anywhere - but we could really do with a genuine right back to cover for Cash.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think Young was brought in as left back cover and emergency midfield and right back cover - to be fair to him he's such a clever player you could probably get a performance out of him anywhere - but we could really do with a genuine right back to cover for Cash.

Yeah I get it, KKH balanced the squad nicely. Having a closer look and giving him minutes to see if he can handle the pressure is cool. Against citeh the other night there was zero pressure and he thrived, different beast week in week out in the prem, so many facets to whether they are good enough or not. Fwiw most of think he's got it.

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Was Ash on a 1 or 2 yr deal? Must be his replacement if they like him as you say. No way he dislodges Cash although I wouldn't say no to a Digne level replacement on that side too.

1 year deal with a 1 year option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yeah I get it, KKH balanced the squad nicely. Having a closer look and giving him minutes to see if he can handle the pressure is cool. Against citeh the other night there was zero pressure and he thrived, different beast week in week out in the prem, so many facets to whether they are good enough or not. Fwiw most of think he's got it.

He will get minutes off the bench at least. The full backs are attacking players primarily so KKH on for Cash at 70mins is an attacking sub. It also means we can try get Cash some rest too while giving KKH some Prem minutes like Carney is getting. 

• Like 2

Â