Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Thought it was a mixed bag from him. 

Some moments (along with Iroegbunam) of pure class mixed with some laziness. 

One thing I think Gerrard can help him with is his decision making once he's turned into space. 2 or 3 times tonight he took the wrong option when there was a chance in the making. 

Agree, some of the kids are special but need a lot more work before they can get decent minutes at first team level.  Bright future though because when they are good, they are unstoppable, just need time, coaching and some development hopefully because as you said we have a lot of mixed bag.

Edited by nick76

Get him out on loan, this kid has massive potential but needs to learn the game, he’s looked a little lost when he’s played for the 1st team imo. He needs to be playing men’s football regularly, hope he gets a loan move in Jan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Get him out on loan, this kid has massive potential but needs to learn the game, he’s looked a little lost when he’s played for the 1st team imo. He needs to be playing men’s football regularly, hope he gets a loan move in Jan.

I assume they will if they can sort out his long term contract before then.

There's a big difference between the Hepburn-Murphy contract situation and the Carney Chukwuemeka one, that being in Hepburn-Murphy's case he hadn't signed a professional contract so we were at risk of losing him for virtually nothing, whereas Chukwuemeka has already signed a professional contract, we'd like him to extend his deal, but the management aren't going to hold it against him that he hasn't yet, because he's already commited himself.

I thought he played very well today, had a quiet spell in the second half but then so did the whole team, that said and strange to say for someone who's played very well, but he can play a lot better.

As for his position he's definitely a No.8, there are different types of No.8s some more attack minded than others, and he's one of more attack minded ones, I think sometimes people get attacking midfielders and No.10s confused, he's never played as No.10 for us or as a winger, always plays as a No.8 for England as well, he's very good in the role and shows a lot of qualities in deep areas of the pitch as that's part of his game, especially picking the ball up in those areas and carrying it forward.

8 minutes ago, WHY said:

only 18 months on his contract, so we need to tie him down before anything like that imo.

Hopefully he doesnt intend to run down his contract.

I'd just get him involved from the bench for the 1st team. He's good enough. It will take some time but the sooner the better. I reckon Gerrard will mark him out anyway. His type of player.

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah he’s an incredible talent but I can’t make out his position, there are currently positives and negatives to a number of positions for him.  Hopefully Gerrard, Delaney and Gerrard’s team can really mould him and find that right position.  It’s that rawness that may struggle to get him any decent minutes for the first team in the near future.

You need stamina too.....while many of our youth team show talent....there are other attributes, they need to catch up on too, to be the finished article.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

dont loan him

get him in and around the first team, playing for the u23s bench for the 1st team training every day with gerrard and mcallister moulding him in to exactly the type of midfielder we want him to be

it will be worth more than 20 games for morecambe

When the standards are set and the hard work is established, we may see some different slants to things....

When you look at the workrate of players like Conor Gallagher, it shows us where we need to be.

15 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah he’s an incredible talent but I can’t make out his position, there are currently positives and negatives to a number of positions for him.  Hopefully Gerrard, Delaney and Gerrard’s team can really mould him and find that right position.  It’s that rawness that may struggle to get him any decent minutes for the first team in the near future.

I'd agree with this, there's an extent to which it's easier to build a team around Carney Chukwuemeka than it is to try to slot him into a team that's already got a pattern. If he wants to play first team football now, he'll need to adjust to fit in, in the long term he then gets a chance to prove that it's the team that needs to adjust to get the best out if him

• Like 1

If he was to go out on loan it would be to an higher level than Morecambe, he's a squad member of a Premier League club, and one of the most highly rated youth players in the country, and that's not Villa bias, it's something that most people that follow youth football are saying, he'd at least get a Championship club.

Although I'd keep him with us as he's still very young so no need to rush with sending him on loan, and with Gerrard I'm pretty sure that he will mostly if not always play with two No.8s in midfield, which means there will be more chance for him to be involved, you've basically got Jacob Ramsey and McGinn as the two first choice 8s and then Sanson and Chukwuemeka as back-ups.

The fact that he is a number 10 makes it harder for him to make it here.

Number 10 role is dying out as 4-3-3 with 2 box to box midfielders is growing more popular among the top coaches.

Bigger talent than Ramsey but Ramsey have a bigger chance of making it purely because of the position he plays.

Can Carney be converted into an 8? Perhaps. But I'm not sure he has got the natural ingredients to grow into that role

He isn't a No.10, he's never played as No.10, not sure why people keep thinking that he is, in every match he's played for us or England he's played as a box-to-box midfielder - or in other words he's already been playing his whole career with us as a No.8, so doesn't need to be converted into one.

• Like 3

Just now, useless said:

He isn't a No.10, he's never played as No.10, not sure why people keep thinking that he is, in every match he's played for us or England he's played as a box-to-box midfielder - or in other words he's already been playing his whole career with us as a No.8, so doesn't need to be converted into one.

If he is he has got a lot of improvements to do.

Especially in the defensive part of his game.

Need to get out on loan asap.

He's rated as one of the best central midfielders for his age group in the country, he's got that reputation playing as a No.8, of course he's got some improving to do at first team level, but that's because he's new to it, as it stands he hasn't even played a full games worth of minutes at first team level, you can't expect youngsters to come into the team and be perfect straight away,

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

He's rated as one of the best central midfielders for his age group in the country, he's got that reputation playing as a No.8, of course he's got some improving to do at first team level, but that's because he's new to it, as it stands he hasn't even played a full games worth of minutes at first team level, you can't expect youngsters to come into the team and be perfect straight away,

I'm not. But the way he is hyped up I was expecting more that what we saw against Brentford.

He looked a little lost if I'm being honest.

Like I said. Loan is crucial. He is nowhere near being ready for the first team.

On 22/11/2021 at 21:50, nick76 said:

For more creative players that rawness is something that can be a strength. It adds a layer of unpredictability, and spontaneity. For me Wayne Rooney's best years as a no 10 was 18 to 21, when he still had that rawness. As it got coached out of him he became more reliable, but then became less effective as a 10, but more effective as a 9.

He needs minutes on the pitch more than anything. More coaching on the training pitch won't progress him as much as playing competitive matches. I'm sure he and his team know that, so if he isn't getting that, some kind of move will happen.

He's still very young, if we think he needs a loan in the future then there's still plenty of time for that, the likes of Abraham and Mount went on loan in their twenties and look at them fly now. Was surprised that we sent out Barry and Seb Revan out on loan having only just turned eighteen.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not. But the way he is hyped up I was expecting more that what we saw against Brentford.

He looked a little lost if I'm being honest.

Like I said. Loan is crucial. He is nowhere near being ready for the first team.

i dont see how the last line helps the middle

if he looks a bit lost in our set up then why not keep him at the club and training in our set up? how does playing for Preston on loan help him in aston villa's midfield?

personally i think he looks like the 18 year old with 3 PL games under his belt that he is and we just need to give him time

• Like 1

Â