Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see Carney start to get involved at least as a regular sub.  The reports that he's not any closer to signing a new contract has me concerned and signals to me that he wants some playing time.  He could be huge under SG's tutelage and I really want to see him stay here long term.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I would like to see Carney start to get involved at least as a regular sub.  The reports that he's not any closer to signing a new contract has me concerned and signals to me that he wants some playing time.  He could be huge under SG's tutelage and I really want to see him stay here long term.  

I think age won't be a factor for Stevie G - I think it's how good you are right now.

We can't keep every 18 year old hot shot - unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It'll be interesting what happens with Carney, I'd like to see him getting some game time.

Me too and I'm liking him having more competition for the blue eyed boy limelight adoration expectency etc, the Ramsey's and Tim I, hope they all drive eachother to the very top.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It'll be interesting what happens with Carney, I'd like to see him getting some game time.

As would I. But then wanting continous progression doesn't always go with giving 17 year old kids minutes on the pitch. 

I would prefer to get the likes of Carney involved and develop them but it's a fine balance to do that and still make us competitive. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

On 20/11/2021 at 23:47, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Maybe the club are waiting for him to sign before he gets game time. Not sure its good business for the club to give him minutes and he doesn't stay

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe the club are waiting for him to sign before he gets game time. Not sure its good business for the club to give him minutes and he doesn't stay

A very good point.

From what I saw of him against brentford, he's not quite ready as much as everyone on Twitter thinks he is. Whats the point of us giving him minutes for his development if it's to the detriment of the team if he wants out? Also, I'd rather give A. Ramsey the time on the pitch as I think he's just as good. 

He's clearly got talent but he needs a loan...or three... get him out there playing games and bring him back when he's 20/21 to see if we can get him into the first team. I still don't think we're using the loan system well enough. Chelsea do it right, just look at Mount, Gallagher, Abraham. There has been no rush to get them into the first team at 18/19. They get them out on loan until they're 21 (if not more) and then take a view on them.

I'd love us to send a player out on loan, just once, to the championship and for them to have a really great season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

A very good point.

From what I saw of him against brentford, he's not quite ready as much as everyone on Twitter thinks he is. Whats the point of us giving him minutes for his development if it's to the detriment of the team if he wants out? Also, I'd rather give A. Ramsey the time on the pitch as I think he's just as good. 

He's clearly got talent but he needs a loan...or three... get him out there playing games and bring him back when he's 20/21 to see if we can get him into the first team. I still don't think we're using the loan system well enough. Chelsea do it right, just look at Mount, Gallagher, Abraham. There has been no rush to get them into the first team at 18/19. They get them out on loan until they're 21 (if not more) and then take a view on them.

I'd love us to send a player out on loan, just once, to the championship and for them to have a really great season.

Are you my assistant manager on FM by any chance? He is always suggesting that I send every single youngster on loan.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 20/11/2021 at 22:47, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Didn't one of our previous managers have a stand off with a youth player, who did the same.....and the manager said "You won't play until you sign a contract "

I seem to remember something like that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Impressive tonight 

Really? I didn’t think it was as good as usual, he’s obviously head and shoulders above most but didn’t think this was his best.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Really? I didn’t think it was as good as usual, he’s obviously head and shoulders above most but didn’t think this was his best.

I thought he tracked back well and really came to life at the end, he’s always a bit lax though which is why I think he might struggle to get an opportunity in the first team, polar opposite to Ramsey in that respect but still The lad is class

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I thought he tracked back well and really came to life at the end, he’s always a bit lax though which is why I think he might struggle to get an opportunity in the first team, polar opposite to Ramsey in that respect but still The lad is class

Thought it was a mixed bag from him. 

Some moments (along with Iroegbunam) of pure class mixed with some laziness. 

One thing I think Gerrard can help him with is his decision making once he's turned into space. 2 or 3 times tonight he took the wrong option when there was a chance in the making. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Didn't one of our previous managers have a stand off with a youth player, who did the same.....and the manager said "You won't play until you sign a contract "

I seem to remember something like that.

Hepburn Murphy

Still think he will be a better player at senior level as a 10 or as inside forward coming off the left rather than an 8 while he is still developing. Has the potential to do magical things but is still too lax at times and liable to give the ball away in dangerous areas which isn't ideal as a central midfielder. There is no doubt that if he has the potential to be world class but there is plenty of work to do and plenty that can go wrong.

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Still think he will be a better player at senior level as a 10 or as inside forward coming off the left rather than an 8 while he is still developing. Has the potential to do magical things but is still too lax at times and liable to give the ball away in dangerous areas which isn't ideal as a central midfielder. There is no doubt that if he has the potential to be world class but there is plenty of work to do and plenty that can go wrong.

Yeah he’s an incredible talent but I can’t make out his position, there are currently positives and negatives to a number of positions for him.  Hopefully Gerrard, Delaney and Gerrard’s team can really mould him and find that right position.  It’s that rawness that may struggle to get him any decent minutes for the first team in the near future.

Â