Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

15 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Can see him getting a lot of minutes this season. Quite hopeful he will do well.

Quite an important season for him and Philogene-Bidace. Both going to get a lot of minutes and think we as fans should expect to see some obvious impact as well. Make or break in some ways but don’t want to put too much pressure on just yet. Both excellent players with bags of potential. 

28 minutes ago, useless said:

He and Philogene-Bidace have been moved to the first team squad on the official site.

interesting, with those two "oficially" in the senior squad, we now have 13 midfielders/wingers on the books.......i think we need to offload a few....

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

interesting, with those two "oficially" in the senior squad, we now have 13 midfielders/wingers on the books.......i think we need to offload a few....

The obvious picks would be Hourihane and Trez but one has a long term injury and the other isn't getting much attention from the loan/transfer market. 

With Sanson still a few weeks away from starting, Dougie unlikely to start after a break and Bertie out for 4 weeks, I would really like to see Carney start in the "Barkley role" today with Buendia on the right and Bailey on the left behind Ings. 

In reality I know we will see something far more conservative. 

24 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

With Sanson still a few weeks away from starting, Dougie unlikely to start after a break and Bertie out for 4 weeks, I would really like to see Carney start in the "Barkley role" today with Buendia on the right and Bailey on the left behind Ings. 

In reality I know we will see something far more conservative. 

I think Ramsay is above him in the pecking order at the moment. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think Ramsay is above him in the pecking order at the moment. 

I think Ramsey is in a different spot to Chukwuemeka - I think in the big plan once everyone is fit, Chukwuemeka will be behind Ings in the pecking order for the number 10 role, but I think we'll move Buendia over to cover Ings if he's out and bring Traore in on the right, so his opportunities are a little limited.

I think Ramsey is in the McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson, Hourihane group and with two of those unfit, and the potential to need to use three to cover the overall weakness within that group, his opportunities are somewhat easier to find.

Be interesting to see how Chukwuemeka forces his way in, because I think he will force his way in, but he'll have a hell of a job.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think Ramsey is in a different spot to Chukwuemeka - I think in the big plan once everyone is fit, Chukwuemeka will be behind Ings in the pecking order for the number 10 role, but I think we'll move Buendia over to cover Ings if he's out and bring Traore in on the right, so his opportunities are a little limited.

I think Ramsey is in the McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson, Hourihane group and with two of those unfit, and the potential to need to use three to cover the overall weakness within that group, his opportunities are somewhat easier to find.

Be interesting to see how Chukwuemeka forces his way in, because I think he will force his way in, but he'll have a hell of a job.

This is what I was referring to really, with Watkins injured and Ings playing 9 today, its the perfect opportunity for Carney to start. 

It for sure won't happen though (unfortunately).

Â