Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

hmm its too early to tell. He looked good tho, Better than Barkley 

He does the flashy things well, but Ramsey does more off the ball he’s safer but saying that Ramsey has more experience 

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What does that even mean?

It's a crude way of saying only teams that have no realistic chance of reaching consistent high level football rely so much on one single player. There's really only Messi at Barca in the last couple of years that has been the exception imo.

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Messi, Ronaldo, Gerrard (Suarez, Torres), Lampard (Drogba, Hazard). Henry (and every other hero Arsenal have had and lost)

Just because it hurts to lose them doesn't.mean we shouldn't want heroes. We just shouldn't be reliant on them difference is we only had Jack. Those others had more around them but still very much the heroes of their respective teams and squads. 

We should be targetting more great players but nothing wrong with wanting a new hero.

Unless Louie Barry becomes world class tough I'll never feel the way about any of our academy kids as I did about Jack

That is a small list of truly elite players though, which have proven to be the exception to the rule. Even then, in most cases they were hardly talismanic; for the most part, they had other high level, exceptional talents around them at one point or another.

For me the problem isn't an emotional one - losing Jack hit different for sure, but what I was getting at was that if we really want to break into the top six consistently we cannot be relying so heavily on a single player. Our gameplan revolved entirely around him and it was clear. I'm all for heroes and that, but I hope that situation never arises again.

Maybe I said it crudely, but that's the point I was trying to make.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Is chukz the answer to our midfield problem? 

Could be… maybe we can go with what we have until Jan and see how we are doing with him playing until then. Problem is if we struggle how would he react (I.e step up or go hiding) and how much would it effect the team. He obviously has big potential though.

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Once he builds his upper body strength a bit more he’s going to be some player.

In a video i saw a couple of weeks ago, saw him, Deano and the physio discussing the fact that he's bulking up etc.

He's got the frame, so once he fills out he will be a monster.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

It's a crude way of saying only teams that have no realistic chance of reaching consistent high level football rely so much on one single player. There's really only Messi at Barca in the last couple of years that has been the exception imo.

That is a small list of truly elite players though, which have proven to be the exception to the rule. Even then, in most cases they were hardly talismanic; for the most part, they had other high level, exceptional talents around them at one point or another.

For me the problem isn't an emotional one - losing Jack hit different for sure, but what I was getting at was that if we really want to break into the top six consistently we cannot be relying so heavily on a single player. Our gameplan revolved entirely around him and it was clear. I'm all for heroes and that, but I hope that situation never arises again.

If a player does good stuff - it's only natural you want him to do more of that good stuff.

Peter Withe was good at header - we puts loads of crosses in for him.

Tony Morley was good out wide - we shovelled it out wide as quick as we could.

The players you have available dictate how you play. If Chuck becomes a master of going past people and killer passes - we will rely on that.

There will always be some players your more reliant on than others. Those players become heroes.  

Not quite sure why you would want to pursue a different path. If a player is kickin ass - let him 

38 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

If we could sign a player to do what Jack did we would. We wouldn't not sign him because we might become to reliant on him !

Football is a simple game.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

If a player does good stuff - it's only natural you want him to do more of that good stuff.

Peter Withe was good at header - we puts loads of crosses in for him.

Tony Morley was good out wide - we shovelled it out wide as quick as we could.

The players you have available dictate how you play. If Chuck becomes a master of going past people and killer passes - we will rely on that.

There will always be some players your more reliant on than others. Those players become heroes.  

Not quite sure why you would want to pursue a different path. If a player is kickin ass - let him 

I agree with you mostly, except the bold bit. This was the problem I was referring to. I don't want us relying on any single player because it limits us, makes us easier to work out and hamstrings us when they're injured. I get that we should utilise their strengths, but we should absolutely not rely on them.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

If we could sign a player to do what Jack did we would. We wouldn't not sign him because we might become to reliant on him !

Football is a simple game.

Of course we would and I'd be more than happy if we did. I'd just like us to have other options, which seems to be the case with the signings we've made.

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

I agree with you mostly, except the bold bit. This was the problem I was referring to. I don't want us relying on any single player because it limits us, makes us easier to work out and hamstrings us when they're injured. I get that we should utilise their strengths, but we should absolutely not rely on them.

It's sort of football evolution though. If a player becomes very good at a certain thing you will rely on him doing it.

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

I think the idea is to fill our squad with 11  really really good players who offer all kinds of different abilities which at any point can be match winners for instance 

Bailey .. Pace 

Ings .. Finishing 

Buendia .. passing 

Martinez .. incredible saves 

These 4 players are considered to be right at the top end of their relative strengths. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

For me, it’s an entirely emotional one.  If you look at the hard facts, we have upgraded 3 players at the cost of one.  
I may be completely premature with this call, but I have really high hopes for Buendia, and I’m very confident that he alone will cover Jack’s productivity whilst adding steel to the team.  Ings is a phenomenal finisher, and Bailey will be our new maverick.

Buendia with 15 goals and 15 assists last season completely eclipsed how good Jack was in the championship. If he kicks on like Jack did, we’ve got one hell of a player. A big if I know, but I’m confident about it.  

I really think that we’ve done great with £100m.  At the end of the season we will see this.

I’m just really really sad that Jack decided to leave us at a time we were looking to really kick on.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's sort of football evolution though. If a player becomes very good at a certain thing you will rely on him doing it.

But hopefully not solely.

Â