Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

22 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Can’t believe how short sighted fans are . This lad is seventeen playing CM in the premier league. He didn’t look out of place . He plays today because we’re short ! He has a fantastic future ahead of him !!

Sadly, a lot of our fans - no different from other teams' - only ride as high as our last game.

• Like 1

Wasn't impressed in this game. I know he's got the potential to play better but he gave the ball away a lot and was quite ponderous at times.

That said, I know he's only 17 so he needs to be cut some slack. I just don't think he's ready for our first team.

• Like 2

I thought he looked a little nervy and with Brentford’s fast start maybe a little overwhelmed to begin with, but I then thought he settled well and was composed - not out of place in my eyes, you can see he has the talent.  Was helped and hindered by young playing CM, can see why we did it, by would have rathered nakamba, luiz and chuck. 

A fine game, nothing amazing and nothing terrible. 17 and he fit in pretty well. 

I do wish he'd have took control of the ball a bit more though, he was playing as our 10 and at times he was treating the ball like a hot potato. Receiving it and then passing it away almost instantly, the times he dribbled with the ball he looked good.  

Glad he got his start though, he's a very useful addition to have in the squad. Doesn't need a loan. 

Edited by Farlz

16 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not sure why the idea of sending him out for a loan is such a bad idea. Obviously he’s playing because we are short due to injuries but I can’t see why a loan should be ruled out. 

He should be on loan. This idea that a load of 17/18yr olds are gonna fire us to Europe is madness. We have a good crop of 17/18/19yr olds, let’s send them out on loan for a couple of years to get fitter and stronger and see where we’re at then. No rush with these kids. 

• Like 2

If he was out on loan, he wouldn’t have been able to play today. That would have meant 16 year olds on the bench and Nakamba, who everyone seems to think is terrible, starting.

Make your minds up.

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

If he was out on loan, he wouldn’t have been able to play today. That would have meant 16 year olds on the bench and Nakamba, who everyone seems to think is terrible, starting.

Make your minds up.

You know Carney is only 17, right? Lol.

The kid has a great future but I didn’t think much of him today and still go back to my comments over the summer that he needs to go out on loan.  

The one thing that did surprise me is how slow he is over the sprint.  I noticed it early in the game and watched him a few times and he has no pace, not even average pace.  

Glad he got his PL debut out the way but I think he needs to go out on loan and see how he does.

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He should be on loan. This idea that a load of 17/18yr olds are gonna fire us to Europe is madness. We have a good crop of 17/18/19yr olds, let’s send them out on loan for a couple of years to get fitter and stronger and see where we’re at then. No rush with these kids. 

We’re not going to Europe realistically. It’s our best time to play our youngsters as we’re having a lot of injuries, them to fill the squad is the best. We can’t afford to buy some average players. If we started playing them more and didn’t go in a relegation battle then next season could be a real fun. We only need quality additions. It’s either some of those step up and bring the required quality or buy it elsewhere. 
Playing Chuku as a number 10 is better the putting one of the wingers there. Bidace and Ramsey could be used as a squad wingers (or acm for Aaron) until January. We’ll see by then who’s having more minutes, and who needs more. How ready and available our squad be, then choose who to loan. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The kid has a great future but I didn’t think much of him today and still go back to my comments over the summer that he needs to go out on loan.  

The one thing that did surprise me is how slow he is over the sprint.  I noticed it early in the game and watched him a few times and he has no pace, not even average pace.  

Glad he got his PL debut out the way but I think he needs to go out on loan and see how he does.

Even Barkley looked lost a lot of times. Same goes with Hourihane. Cairney need to play in a proper three CM’s with him being further up. I think if Nakamba started he’d have more freedom to show what ge can do.

I think we forget the interest Carney had before he signed his deal. There were reports of bundesliga teams offering him routes to first team football  

I'd imagine when he signed he was promised the opportunity to be around the first team. 

We've sent plenty of kids out on loan, I trust the people we have to develop each player differently. They've given us no reasons to worry about it so far. 

Â