Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Looked decent today, but he's nowhere near starting for us at the moment, he needs to mature a lot to even displace Jacob Ramsay. 18 or not, he's not ready just yet. A lot of hype around him but I think Aaron Ramsay might be the dark horse to make it.

• Like 1

Chukwuemeka had another good game today, I don't think I've seen him have a bad one, actually today I thought he looked more like he does for the U23s which is a good sign, because if he can translate that form to first team he'll be one of our best players.

• Like 3

I thought he looked more than good enough to start on Saturday. He won't, but he could.

He has flaws, namely his decision making is occasionally lacking. But his decision making is only going to improve by playing and training with top players week in, week out. I see absolutely no need for him to go out on loan, he's not phased by mens football at all. 

If I had to bet on it, he's going to be an absolute star for Aston Villa and will be playing for England within 2 seasons. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought he looked more than good enough to start on Saturday. He won't, but he could.

He has flaws, namely his decision making is occasionally lacking. But his decision making is only going to improve by playing and training with top players week in, week out. I see absolutely no need for him to go out on loan, he's not phased by mens football at all. 

If I had to bet on it, he's going to be an absolute star for Aston Villa and will be playing for England within 2 seasons. 

No pressure then !!!!

But i think you are right . He will be a star . I just hope its with the Villa. 

Pace pressing passing skills shooting balance quick feet and wonderful touch and vision. 

He seems to have quite a bit in his locker 

• Like 1

Both Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka will make it, doesn't have to be one or the other. I think Aaron Ramsey gets overlooked a lot, England U18 captain, ten goals in eighteen games from midfield in the league last season, another three in our FA Youth Cup win team despite missing the quarter final and semi final and only playing thirty minutes of the final, played well in pre season as well, especially against Walsall.

Chukwuemeka judged to be the further ahead of the two at the moment by the management team, so a loan would seemingly be a good idea for A Ramsey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

No pressure then !!!!

But i think you are right . He will be a star . I just hope its with the Villa. 

Pace pressing passing skills shooting balance quick feet and wonderful touch and vision. 

He seems to have quite a bit in his locker 

Not from me. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I won't hold him to it. It's what I'm seeing though, as are you it seems!

Big step up of course, but he has shown in glimpses what he is all about against decent sides. He's a thoroughbred and he's going to play a big part this season. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Looked decent today, but he's nowhere near starting for us at the moment, he needs to mature a lot to even displace Jacob Ramsay. 18 or not, he's not ready just yet. A lot of hype around him but I think Aaron Ramsay might be the dark horse to make it.

I would respectfully (and totally) disagree.

Technically, physically and mentally looks more capable than JR already for me

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Oh crikey i hope not as that will inevitably be the beginning of the end of his time here as he'll get tapped up left right & centre and brainwashed into moving to "a big club". 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not from me. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I won't hold him to it. It's what I'm seeing though, as are you it seems!

Big step up of course, but he has shown in glimpses what he is all about against decent sides. He's a thoroughbred and he's going to play a big part this season. 

Watch the vid i posted a few pages back  . The word you just used comes to mind . THOROUGHBRED . I can watch his technique and skills all night.  In particular when he plays off the left or number 10 . Reminds me so much of our recently departed . 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok thanks - that's a massive recommendation - I ask because I don't know, not because I'm anti - I'll pay closer attention to him 

Watch his performance against man shitty in the CL. No doubt Pep is already saying "he's an incredible player but we can't afford these players".

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

I would respectfully (and totally) disagree.

Technically, physically and mentally looks more capable than JR already for me

Not really JR had a good game his off the ball work was superb today, I agree with most Sky is the limit for Chuck but I see Ramsey playing more this season simply because he works harder

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Both Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka will make it, doesn't have to be one or the other. I think Aaron Ramsey gets overlooked a lot, England U18 captain, ten goals in eighteen games from midfield in the league last season, another three in our FA Youth Cup win team despite missing the quarter final and semi final and only playing thirty minutes of the final, played well in pre season as well, especially against Walsall.

Chukwuemeka judged to be the further ahead of the two at the moment by the management team, so a loan would seemingly be a good idea for A Ramsey.

Without a shadow but they can play together quite easily in a 3 man midfield. If they both progress as we hope we could easily see in 4-5 years our midfield containing them both as mainstays of the XI

A Ramsey

Chukweumeka.     ?????

Back on Chuck, similar to how JJ will be picking Aaron, I'm interested to see how Iroegbunam will push Chukweumeka. I've not seen much of him at all but it sounds like he would be a similar player to Chuk positionally and maybe in style? 

Be good for Chuk not to believe his own hype and really have to compete for those minutes with another supposed big talent.

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Without a shadow but they can play together quite easily in a 3 man midfield. If they both progress as we hope we could easily see in 4-5 years our midfield containing them both as mainstays of the XI

A Ramsey

Chukweumeka.     ?????

Back on Chuck, similar to how JJ will be picking Aaron, I'm interested to see how Iroegbunam will push Chukweumeka. I've not seen much of him at all but it sounds like he would be a similar player to Chuk positionally and maybe in style? 

Be good for Chuk not to believe his own hype and really have to compete for those minutes with another supposed big talent.

Ben Chrisene , lemare Bogarde and Arjan Raikhy have huge potential in the midfield as well

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

A Ramsey

Chukweumeka.     ?????

J Ramsey? Or don't you think he will make it? 

Is Aaron considered the better prospect do you feel?

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

J Ramsey? Or don't you think he will make it? 

Is Aaron considered the better prospect do you feel?

Aaron is meant to be the better Ramsey.

Also I've always been really unconvinced in J Ramsey. I haven't seen him influence or impact a game yet. He has ability but he needs to be able to make plays or score goals from that 10 position and he doesn't have the physicality to play as an 8, or the speed or skills to play on the wing. He has to make it as a 10 but doesn't impact the play enough.

I'd like to see him go on loan but I'm not convinced he makes it here as a starter. Would love to be wrong though

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Ben Chrisene , lemare Bogarde and Arjan Raikhy have huge potential in the midfield as well

True! I don't know enough of Raikhy but Chrisene I can see staying as a LB. Bogarde I'm really excited about from what we've seen so far, interesting to see if he goes back to being a DM or is fully converted to a CB. I can see him moving back to Midfield like you say but club playing him at CB quite a bit

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

A Ramsey

Chukweumeka.     ?????

I thought Iroegbunam was more defensive.

Â