Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I just hope that as we bring him through there is plenty of patience. He seems to have all of the tools but he isnt even 18 years old yet. I just hope we do not build him up into another Bellingham because theres a 99 percent chance he will not be . It might be 3 years before he shows all of his talent . Might be even 6 years. He might tail off . And he might turn into the greatest youngster since Gary Shaw. 

We just need to support him and give him the time to mature . The right pace is at his natural pace. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In my opinion Ramsey is far more likely to go out on loan with one eye on moving him on. I don't think he's of the required standard, at the moment, and the only way he is ever going to reach that standard is with consistent game time. 

Chukwuemeka as a 17(!) year old looks a class above anything our youth team have produced since Grealish and he is one of few in that kinda bracket since I have been supporting the club. Cahill is the only other who stands out, or Barry if you count him. So we are talking elite level talent.

There's a high bust rate with players of his type, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him break through this season. He will be this seasons Ramsey, only he's a better player, so more likely to end up taking the mantle. 

This, he is finding the right pockets to play in and has good strength and pace on the half turn.

i don’t think he will start, but he will get game time and is more likely to succeed than Jacob Ramsey in my opinion

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I just hope that as we bring him through there is plenty of patience. He seems to have all of the tools but he isnt even 18 years old yet. I just hope we do not build him up into another Bellingham because theres a 99 percent chance he will not be .

TBF - what has Bellingham actually done? Potential yes, but achievements?

Just now, Jareth said:

I mean coming through at 16 years old. Very very rare . Carney might take another 3 years until he is fully ready to play a full season. We just cannot know yet

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He won the cup in Germany and has been capped by England, the kid is quality. Not sure what else he could have achieved at such a young age, ffs.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, WHY said:

He won the cup in Germany and has been capped by England, the kid is quality. Not sure what else he could have achieved at such a young age, ffs.

You don't need to add the FFS - I have heard the hype, I have seen the cap, but I haven't seen him play many games - respect to his record at his age but show me something he's done that is as incredible as the bandwagon which accompanies his every turn. 

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Broke into the first team just after 16 birthday, mega money deal to the second best team in Germany at 17, DFB Pokal in first season, Bundesliga Newcomer of the Season award, 7 caps for England including at the Euro finals at 18 and arguably Borussia Dortmunds' best player other than Haaland and Sancho?

I mean, what the **** else can he do??

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Broke into the first team just after 16 birthday, mega money deal to the second best team in Germany at 17, DFB Pokal in first season, 7 caps for England including at the Euro finals at 18 and arguably Borussia Dortmunds' best player other than Haaland and Sancho?

I mean, what the **** else can he do??

Here we go again - do not disagree on the record - he's years ahead of his peers - but say we sign him - why? what does he do and what does he give teams?

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You don't need to add the FFS - I have heard the hype, I have seen the cap, but I haven't seen him play many games - respect to his record at his age but show me something he's done that is as incredible as the bandwagon which accompanies his every turn. 

I think if you get to watch him play a lot you can see the incredible talent he has which just keeps getting better.  Something he’s done is hard to show at this early stage so all I can say is watch him, he’s the real deal.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Here we go again - do not disagree on the record - he's years ahead of his peers - but say we sign him - why? what does he do and what does he give teams?

Basically an 18 year old version of Zidane. 

Everything. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Everything. 

Yep, he controls tempo of games, looks like he has all the time in the world on the ball and would be the heart of any midfield

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Everything. 

Ok thanks - that's a massive recommendation - I ask because I don't know, not because I'm anti - I'll pay closer attention to him 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok thanks - that's a massive recommendation - I ask because I don't know, not because I'm anti - I'll pay closer attention to him 

Hate over hyping players usually but this kid is quite literally the future of English football. He's a monster and he's only just turned 18. 

• Like 1

Â