Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

hes good enough to start

I think that's not the only criteria - for young players it's not all about how good they are - what if he's good enough to start and succeed but not mature enough to deal with that success, what if he's good enough to start but criticism would set him back massively in his development. For 17 year olds it's as much about protecting or exposing their personality as it is about their ability.

• Like 2

Dean Smith has said that he's judging whether youngsters are ready or not, from how they train with the first team squad rather than how they do in U23 games, because the gap between U23 football and Premier league football is so big. Wasn't expecting any of the U18 youth players to be involved today anyway, FA Youth Cup game on Tuesday is a massive game for our academy, the one competition where results are more important than anything else, if we can win the whole thing will be a big achievement.

• Like 1

What sort of midfielder is he then, midfield powerhouse that came win header after header and muscle people off the ball as people are demanding we sign or a neat and tidy ball carrier of which we have a few of already. Is his potential so much higher than Ramsey in that he should be ahead in pecking order for instance?

It's a lazy comparison perhaps, but he reminds me in a lot of ways of Grealish, both have some very similar qualitiies, main ones being how comfortable they're on the ball, the way they seem to have so much time with the ball no matter what's happening around them, the ability to carry the ball long distances, and dribbling skills. He can put in tackles and tracks back to help the team, but his biggest assest is definitely his creative side.

He's big, but not really aggressive, good carrying the ball and protecting it. He has that rare ability to be able to play slower than everyone else, he's not a harum-scarum player, he seems to be able to make time to do things the way he wants to and he has a long stride that eats up ground. He can see a pass and loves to play one-two's around people, long passing needs work and he's not the finished article in his off the ball work, but he's really, really promising.

• Like 3

i see the Pogba comparison, but I'm not sure, I think long passing is such a big part of Pogba's game and isn't something that I think Chukwuemeka is as strong as.

This is an odd comparison, but I think he has all of the offensive qualities of Partick Vieira, when he brings it out from deep on the turn, that's who he reminds me of, but with a little more creativity at the end of it and a whole lot less aggressive defensive prowess on the other side of the ball.

I know that Vieira was much more known for the other parts his game, but that's who Chukwuemeka puts me in mind of.

So yeah, he reminds me of half a Vieira.

40 minutes ago, useless said:

It's a lazy comparison perhaps, but he reminds me in a lot of ways of Grealish, both have some very similar qualitiies, main ones being how comfortable they're on the ball, the way they seem to have so much time with the ball no matter what's happening around them, the ability to carry the ball long distances, and dribbling skills. He can put in tackles and tracks back to help the team, but his biggest assest is definitely his creative side.

Eze type perhaps?

I wouldn't say that he's an Eze type exactly, whilst Eze is more of a winger/No.10 type, Chukwuemeka is more of a box-to-box midfielder, who also happens to be very comfortable and skilful on the ball, with good link-up play and vision. Whilst he has some similarities to Grealish, there are also some differences as well, the similarities are more how comfortable they are on the ball and good they are at carrying it, but they both do it within the context of their own position, Grealish as winger, and Chukwuemeka as a central midfielder.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 00:11, OutByEaster? said:

i see the Pogba comparison, but I'm not sure, I think long passing is such a big part of Pogba's game and isn't something that I think Chukwuemeka is as strong as.

This is an odd comparison, but I think he has all of the offensive qualities of Partick Vieira, when he brings it out from deep on the turn, that's who he reminds me of, but with a little more creativity at the end of it and a whole lot less aggressive defensive prowess on the other side of the ball.

I know that Vieira was much more known for the other parts his game, but that's who Chukwuemeka puts me in mind of.

So yeah, he reminds me of half a Vieira.

Maybe a bit like a Yaya Toure?

Â