Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I’m wondering if we don’t get another strike option to buy, whether loaning Tammy would suit us again as a ‘Plan B’? Having an option to buy would be ideal obviously. 
Still a few weeks off that scenario potentially playing out though, and only if we ‘fail’ to sign an Eduard or Rashica etc. Just a thought 🤔 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mods, why is running out of "likes" a thing?

On a good day i'm out a quarter way through the VT day and have to unnecessarily quote people as acknowledgement. lol

FREE OUR LIKES! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

What would people prefer?

Sign Rashica and play Watkins as the striker

Sign Eduoard and play Watkins wide 

Eduoard and Watkins because we're filling another position that way.

If we sign Rashica we've still got no designated right wingers.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

We really haven't 

Watkins, wilson, raschica, Martinet have all been in the press for weeks. 

Agreed.

People say it now without looking at reality. Everything this summer has been out in the open.

The clueless beige man Gregg Evans always tries to keep it going because he hasn't a clue what's going on :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If we don't have Keinan on the bench we don't have anyone on the bench who can make an impact. Keinan tends to run at defenders, creating a bit of havoc and getting into decent scoring positions.

His ability to bulldoze his way past players because of his pace and strength is marvelous to watch.

Samatta is looking completely lost at this level.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but i really like Keinan and think he offers us a lot.

Keinan is great player to bring on when you have a slender lead. Whilst his finishing isn't good enough by some distance he can run at defenders travelling some distance up the pitch - thus relieving the pressure on our back line.  It sort of how we used Jedinak in the promotion season - you just knew the opposition weren't going to score.

If however in the last 15 minutes we are traling 0-1 and desperately  need a goal Keinan is less useful.

1 hour ago, Tez500 said:

Forget Santamaira get Ibrahim Sangaré

(I've been brainwashed by Tifo who recommend him for practically every team in Europe!)

Every team in europe is aware of him by now, he’s got his pick of clubs 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Eduoard and Watkins because we're filling another position that way.

If we sign Rashica we've still got no designated right wingers.

Agreed.

People say it now without looking at reality. Everything this summer has been out in the open.

The clueless beige man Gregg Evans always tries to keep it going because he hasn't a clue what's going on :lol:

I think Watkins is considered a ST as well as Edouard so I'm confused.

I agree it would be good to have a designated RW.

Here are Rashica's positions he's played in his career, think he'd do a job at RW:

image.png.7faf99833f283cfff3dfd3dfa65f19a4.png

"Everything this summer has been out in the open"  "The clueless beige man Gregg Evans always tries to keep it going because he hasn't a clue what's going on" these statements contradict or have I missed the point?

11 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I think Watkins is considered a ST as well as Edouard so I'm confused.

I agree it would be good to have a designated RW.

Here are Rashica's positions he's played in his career, think he'd do a job at RW:

image.png.7faf99833f283cfff3dfd3dfa65f19a4.png

"Everything this summer has been out in the open"  "The clueless beige man Gregg Evans always tries to keep it going because he hasn't a clue what's going on" these statements contradict or have I missed the point?

That's interesting, I've never seen him on the right. Only seen him on the left and through the middle for Bremen the last two years.

FCnGFVD.png

yJ93idp.png

I don't really trust Transfermarkt for positions after I saw how many different formations they list for us when we play the same shape almost every week.

Certainly, his great form at club level in the last two years hasn't been down on the right hand side.

In the last few years people have said Villa keep everything a secret with transfers. That's clearly not the case right now with every deal being mentioned in the press but the villa reporter for the Athletic likes to repeat it over and over because he doesn't have any sources at the club himself.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

That's interesting, I've never seen him on the right. Only seen him on the left and through the middle for Bremen the last two years.

FCnGFVD.png

yJ93idp.png

I don't really trust Transfermarkt for positions after I saw how many different formations they list for us when we play the same shape almost every week.

Certainly, his great form at club level in the last two years hasn't been down on the right hand side.

In the last few years people have said Villa keep everything a secret with transfers. That's clearly not the case right now with every deal being mentioned in the press but the villa reporter for the Athletic likes to repeat it over and over because he doesn't have any sources at the club himself.

Fair enough mate, yeah I think he played RW previous to last year, I'd be fine with him doing that. Yeah I don't think many people do have sources at the club at the moment, but I guess it doesn't really matter either way.

I think he played RW for Vitesse. At Bremen he's definitely been used more on the left or central. However, he kind of just interchanges right across the front 3. Don't be surprised to see him popping up anywhere. Basically think of him as an attacking player with no real fixed position.

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I think he played RW for Vitesse. At Bremen he's definitely been used more on the left or central. However, he kind of just interchanges right across the front 3. Don't be surprised to see him popping up anywhere. Basically think of him as an attacking player with no real fixed position.

This is one of the reasons why I want him at Villa 

I’m just picturing jack and Milot switching around positions in the 70th minute and making defenders heads explode in confusion 

wolf of wall street omg GIF

also his pace too, very much needed at villa 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This is one of the reasons why I want him at Villa 

I’m just picturing jack and Milot switching around positions in the 70th minute and making defenders heads explode in confusion 

wolf of wall street omg GIF

also his pace too, very much needed at villa 

All jokes aside, for those reasons and more he is literally the perfect player for us. Also, he works his socks off for the team. He'll track back and put in a shift. It would be monumental if we pulled this off!

Edited by Okonokos

I know Deano was experimenting with a 3-4-3 last season that Wolves/Arsenal have been using to good success, but I don't think he had all the pieces to make it work properly last year.  The all around gameplay of Cash makes me suspect that he'll want to try this again this season.  Watkins is the type of forward you'll need up top to make this work and McGinn's return will work wonders in the middle with Douglas Luiz.  Missing piece would be a RW and possibly a new CB, to push Hause out of the starting role.  Konsa & Mings have the athleticism and passing range to play those outside CB roles, but we need a better all around central CB to take the spot of Engles to make this work all season.  

Martinez/Heaton

Konsa  - New CB/Engles - Mings

Cash - McGinn - Douglas Luiz - Targett

New RM - Watkins - Grealish

19 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I know Deano was experimenting with a 3-4-3 last season that Wolves/Arsenal have been using to good success, but I don't think he had all the pieces to make it work properly last year.  The all around gameplay of Cash makes me suspect that he'll want to try this again this season.  Watkins is the type of forward you'll need up top to make this work and McGinn's return will work wonders in the middle with Douglas Luiz.  Missing piece would be a RW and possibly a new CB, to push Hause out of the starting role.  Konsa & Mings have the athleticism and passing range to play those outside CB roles, but we need a better all around central CB to take the spot of Engles to make this work all season.  

Martinez/Heaton

Konsa  - New CB/Engles - Mings

Cash - McGinn - Douglas Luiz - Targett

New RM - Watkins - Grealish

Konsa didn't set the world alight at RB with the trial he had there and we were lucky in one sense that Hause got injured and he had to go back to CB and we picked up a bit of form. For me Cash starts RB. Trez probably gets the nod over El Ghazi at RM. The links with Swift persist. Really good option to have in the squad. We do need completion in midfield. After Watkins, can't see us going crazy from here on out .