Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, TheLeftSide said:

Can’t help feel that Buendia in CM with McGinn and Luiz would work well. 

He can tackle, break up play, turn dribble and break through opposition midfield lines turning defence into attack quickly and could feed Jack/Ollie/RW. For me he’s a CM not a winger/inside forward (but could prob fill in there ok if injuries to first choices).

I just wonder why nobody’s gone in for him yet? perhaps he’s not as good as I think 😀

Only 11 minutes but maybe others agree with potential? maybe not? 

Wow, must admit hadn't paid any attention to this lad, but looks some player! I thought he was winger but from that looks more like a CM?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Rashica or Buendia would give our midfield some real flair. Make it happen. 

It's greedy but I want both! They are different players Rashica fast and direct, Buendia more of a playmaker and has played deeper for Norwich. I worry about our loss of creativity if something happens to Jack, therefore I've wanted Buendia since the minute Norwich's relgation was confirmed. 

I am very surprised he hasn't moved already, particularly as Nowich have made loads of signings.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Benrahma plays on the left too

The guy also likes to roam, rather than simply hug the the touchline. He's more than capable of attacking on the other side. 

There's flexibility because Grealish can drop into Buendia's position, Buendia could move further up on the right with Benrahma switching to the left. 

They're not set in stone roles. The ability to switch is the main appeal to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Listening to Gregg Evans (everybody's favourite) on the 1874 podcast:

"Villa's transfer business is not done there (after Watkins), there's plenty more they want to get done, whether they get everything that they want over the line is another matter and I think there will be a player who will surprise quite a few fans when he comes in. Villa are very ambitious, they are looking at number 8s across the continent and are very selective of who they want to get so maybe that might be the position who surprises a few supporters"

After questioned by Bardell in regards to the player and breaking the transfer record again:

"Not necessarily breaking the record transfer fee again, you know because there are players out there who are much cheaper....I am expecting them to go get a player who will provide the wow factor really, and just take on that midfield to the next level".

Interesting...

Salifou is returning 😁😁

Just now, Wezbid said:

The guy also likes to roam, rather than simply hug the the touchline. He's more than capable of attacking on the other side. 

There's flexibility because Grealish can drop into Buendia's position, Buendia could move further up on the right with Benrahma switching to the left. 

They're not set in stone roles. The ability to switch is the main appeal to me. 

For me hes too like grealish...we need genuine pace on the other wing now for me.

• Like 1