Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

33 minutes ago, Awol said:

5f59d775b385c.jpg

Why not this? Two box to box midfielders with a front four that can swap throughout the match and play in any of those spots. Maybe have Luiz and McGinn a bit deeper than in the graphic. I haven't played Football Manager in a while, although maybe I need to start again...

5f59deea4afea.jpg

Edited by a-k

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Interesting that nobody has though.

The only explanation I can think of is he is not a big goal scorer.  Creativity and ball progression numbers are fantastic but I guess most managers want all of their forward line to score goals.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

It's greedy but I want both! They are different players Rashica fast and direct, Buendia more of a playmaker and has played deeper for Norwich. I worry about our loss of creativity if something happens to Jack, therefore I've wanted Buendia since the minute Norwich's relgation was confirmed. 

I am very surprised he hasn't moved already, particularly as Nowich have made loads of signings.

Exactly how I see it. Buendia CM, Jack left Rashica right. Some games they change around maybe we find Jack is better in middle and he prefers it (and sticks 2 fingers up at Gareth) then Rashica goes left and Buendia right or vice versus? Maybe we just do it ‘in game’ if a defender has one in his pocket then switch it round to see if our next attacking threat gives that defender something to think about. I recall we used to do this with Milner, Young and Downing. 

from what I’ve seen of Rashica and granted only YouTube vids he looks capable of playing left, right or CM/CAM. 

I could imagine some serious link up play with Ollie up top, 3 of them looking up to see Ollies movement in box instead of floating over a hopeful cross. It’s got so much potential in my head, but it’s probably totally flawed 😆

oh and all 3 look capable of coming deep to help in numbers when required and each could carry/drive the ball forwards on the counter. 

time for me to stop dreaming I think. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

The only explanation I can think of is he is not a big goal scorer.  Creativity and ball progression numbers are fantastic but I guess most managers want all of their forward line to score goals.

Or they want too much!

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

Or they want too much!

Villa and Norwich are both quite discreet when it comes to negotiations so I wouldn't be surprised if its in the works.

When you have a busy skillful right back like cash, he would be the perfect foil for Buendia. 

Rashica looks like he would score loads coming off the left especially with Jack and Buendia supplying. We could get that final third diagonal that de bruyne plays from the right to Sterling.

5 minutes ago, dukes said:

If the price is really that high, would prefer Romero at half the price (reportedly).

The age difference will be a big factor: Martinez (28) and Romero (33). Martinez could last more than twice as long despite being twice the price.

Edited by Tez500

I think Norwich have been telling all comers that their squad is not for sale. 

They spent nothing last summer and planned for relegation, now they will keep the squad together to have another go at promotion having banked the Premiere League money. 

Just now, Tez500 said:

The age difference will be a big factor: Martinez (28) and Romero (33). Martinez could last twice as long despite being twice the price.

33 is nothing for a goalkeeper, most are just coming into their prime.

Romero has done it for longer, he was immense at Sampdoria, and has been great for Man U when called upon. 

Anyway if we're seriously considering spending close to £20M on a keeper it signals 2 things to me.

1. We are definitely not done spending, and can see us spending similar to last year (but on less players with more quality).

2. Heaton's injury must be worse than thought and there are obviously doubts about his ability to play at the top level long-term.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think Norwich have been telling all comers that their squad is not for sale. 

They spent nothing last summer and planned for relegation, now they will keep the squad together to have another go at promotion having banked the Premiere League money. 

They sold Lewis to Newcastle though, and for a relatively sensible price in todays market.

Norwich have brought in 9 players that could easily be classed as first team players (all above the age of 22 and Oliver Skipp from Spurs). Their only notable sale is Jamal Lewis to Newcastle. 

100% there will be more lads leaving, Cantwell, Buendia, Aarons will all attract interest. I'm hoping that we end up with Buendia although I wouldn't say no to Cantwell either.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, a-k said:

Why not this? Two box to box midfielders with a front four that can swap throughout the match and play in any of those spots. Maybe have Luiz and McGinn a bit deeper than in the graphic.

5f59deea4afea.jpg

Because Deano/4-3-3. 

I prefer your set up but don’t think he’ll do it - unless Grealish and Shakespeare can persuade him. 

On Buendia, Benrahma Rashica, honestly I’d be chuffed with any two of the three. 

16 minutes ago, dukes said:

If the price is really that high, would prefer Romero at half the price (reportedly).

I don't think we are messing about on this on (Martinez) - I sense if Arsenal reject our third bid we will swiftly move onto another probably overseas keeper.