Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

49 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Ima big fan of Keinan but a championship loan is exactly what he needs. I don’t think he’s quite good enough to carry us through a prem season, and sitting on the bench playing occasional minutes won’t be good for his development at all. 

it would be great to see him get a full season under his belt and develop a bit of confidence in front of goal 

Yup. 

5 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Watkins was a clear number one target from the start, Wilson we were never in for him, Rashica we only know about because of Stacey and the Kosovan journalist who personally knows him, had nothing from British press. Martinez we only knew about weeks ago because of S-Platt, the concrete story only came out a few days ago, hence the thread only started a few days ago. 

I'd say we've done pretty well at keeping things quiet 👍 

well thats not true. 

The point is we have known about all of this. Some keep going on about this myth where we first hear of it when the club announce it. We don't. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We really haven't 

Watkins, wilson, raschica, Martinet have all been in the press for weeks. 

Once we make an enquiry, there are other sources of leaks than the Villa side, ie. the selling club, the player, the player’s agent, the player’s team mates, the player’s friends and family, etc.

Just now, juanpablosaliceband said:

Once we make an enquiry, there are other sources of leaks than the Villa side, ie. the selling club, the player, the player’s agent, the player’s team mates, the player’s friends and family, etc.

Bit much to assume its always from the other side. Regardless of where it is from, its obvious that our business is out there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

well thats not true. 

The point is we have known about all of this. Some keep going on about this myth where we first hear of it when the club announce it. We don't. 

Depends who you believe, Ian Taylor or the Press on that one. I don't think anyone has suggested, and I can probably confirm at least in the last 10 or so years, that no signing we have made in that time has first announced by the club. So I agree on that point.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Bit much to assume its always from the other side. Regardless of where it is from, its obvious that our business is out there. 

That’s true. Equal amount of potential leaks from our side. So many people involved in a deal. It only takes one big mouth with an agenda to start singing. Very hard to keep things 100% confidential. 

• Like 1

Baffled why Turkish clubs are being mentioned for any UK based players. Turkish football is bankrupt. They can't pay the players they have let alone new players.

Gone are the days of last big money moves there. The richest clubs are hundreds of millions in debt with players not getting paid.

They will only get loans where the owning club pay 50% plus of any wage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Ima big fan of Keinan but a championship loan is exactly what he needs. I don’t think he’s quite good enough to carry us through a prem season, and sitting on the bench playing occasional minutes won’t be good for his development at all. 

it would be great to see him get a full season under his belt and develop a bit of confidence in front of goal 

If we don't have Keinan on the bench we don't have anyone on the bench who can make an impact. Keinan tends to run at defenders, creating a bit of havoc and getting into decent scoring positions.

His ability to bulldoze his way past players because of his pace and strength is marvelous to watch.

Samatta is looking completely lost at this level.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but i really like Keinan and think he offers us a lot.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Who is Clément Grenier? I know absolutely nothing about him. But we’re linked apparently, but could be nonsense.

Was all the rage when he was young but I don't think he lived up to his potential. No idea what he's like now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I’ve never heard of him either 

17 y.o. Already made his competitive debute for the French senior nation side.

Most hyped up midfield prodigy in the world

47 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Watkins was a clear number one target from the start, Wilson we were never in for him, Rashica we only know about because of Stacey and the Kosovan journalist who personally knows him, had nothing from British press. Martinez we only knew about weeks ago because of S-Platt, the concrete story only came out a few days ago, hence the thread only started a few days ago. 

I'd say we've done pretty well at keeping things quiet 👍 

And Matty Cash i guess he just landed at bodymoor heath off the radar too🙄