Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 hours ago, TheLeftSide said:

Can’t help feel that Buendia in CM with McGinn and Luiz would work well. 

He can tackle, break up play, turn dribble and break through opposition midfield lines turning defence into attack quickly and could feed Jack/Ollie/RW. For me he’s a CM not a winger/inside forward (but could prob fill in there ok if injuries to first choices).

I just wonder why nobody’s gone in for him yet? perhaps he’s not as good as I think 😀

Only 11 minutes but maybe others agree with potential? maybe not? 

I like this guy very much. I am really surprised there appears to have been no interest in him,

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dukes said:

33 is nothing for a goalkeeper, most are just coming into their prime.

Romero has done it for longer, he was immense at Sampdoria, and has been great for Man U when called upon. 

Anyway if we're seriously considering spending close to £20M on a keeper it signals 2 things to me.

1. We are definitely not done spending, and can see us spending similar to last year (but on less players with more quality).

2. Heaton's injury must be worse than thought and there are obviously doubts about his ability to play at the top level long-term.

Yep. I think our 2 signings have already proved that if we want a particular player, the money is there for him.

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I like this guy very much. I am really surprised there appears to have been no interest in him,

Watching that video. His ability to weight a pass well with either foot is sensational.

I am fully all aboard the Rashica hype train and enjoying the nonsense thread we have - but secretly i think i would prefer Buendia 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't think he is too defensively disciplined.

Seem like a luxury player to me.

He actually makes more tackles per game than Mcginn. He's hard working defensively, much more so than Benrahma. My only issue is I'm not sure if he's quite what we need for central midfield and would prefer someone really pacy on the right wing.

Cracking little player though 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I know I’d get absolutely battered for this, but I’d take Troy Deeney for a year on a free.

He’d chip in with 10-12 goals I’m sure.

It doesn't take a brain sturgeon to work out that this is your subtle way of getting us onto fish puns... It won't work.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Buendia, Rico Henry and Martinez in.

Taylor, Lansbury, Jota, Steer, Kallinic, Trez, Davis and Hogan out.

Then back in time for lunch, over to you Mr Lange.

With you apart from Trez. He can play anywhere across the front 3 and you know he's going to put a shift in.  Not worth the expense of selling him on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know I’d get absolutely battered for this, but I’d take Troy Deeney for a year on a free.

He’d chip in with 10-12 goals I’m sure.

Yes you will get battered for that. Deeney only gets 4 or 5 a season if you take away penalties and we don't get penalties. There may be another problem

with him as well but i can't just remember what it is!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

With you apart from Trez. He can play anywhere across the front 3 and you know he's going to put a shift in.  Not worth the expense of selling him on.

I agree, he has something very likeable which I think is his work rate.

• Like 1

Best eleven if we got all our main targets, including last season

-----------------Heaton--------------

Cash---Konsa--Mings--Targett

-----------------Phillips-------------------

---------------McGinn--Luiz---------------

Watkins-------Maupay-------Grealish

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Yes you will get battered for that. Deeney only gets 4 or 5 a season if you take away penalties and we don't get penalties. There may be another problem

with him as well but i can't just remember what it is!!!

He’s hitting about 1 in 3 across half a dozen seasons in the premier league for a fairly poor side. I’d personally take the chance for a year with no transfer fee. It would also take some pressure off Watkins too.

I understand that his association with Small Heath would be too much for many though.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We need a BIG, commanding CM, and it seems some are intent on making it even smaller?

Isn't Buendia like 3 ft 6 ?

AMC, winger etc I guess i'd be ok with, but seriously, Buendia suggested as a CM?

Have people watched us play?

Yeah I'm with you on this, in theory it would be great to have 3 playmakers playing in front of McGinn and Luiz but in reality we would regularly get absolutely battered and completely overran.

For me if we're to assume that Jack will largely be playing off the left again then the winger on the other side should be one that's more built around pace and directness to offer a bit more balance to the attack. The former is something Smith has identified us lacking as well and I don't think a lot of these suggestions really take that into account.

It doesn't even necessarily have to be some big lump in midfield but we just need someone with a bit of presence to play in the 8. Douglas Luiz is very much a modern number 6 and that's where he should play as he's flourished there of late and as far as I'm aware was always the position he was deemed most comfortable in moving forward in his career, but as great as both him and McGinn are they'll get overrun in midfield (as was often the case last season) if we don't get another body in there that has a bit of presence/physicality about him. It seems like that's what Smith and co. are trying to address which is encouraging to hear, doesn't mean it has to be some plodder but I think a lot of folk are being very fanciful by thinking shoe-horning a load of creative players in will solidify our position much more this season.

Who knows on names but if I'm dreaming I'd love Martinez, a winger, striker/winger, CM and a CB to come in. Can't imagine we'll see that many incomings though.

• Like 3