Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

But not lansbury ? I call BS 

Unless we are getting another forward keeper 2 cm and 2 rm then its not happening.

We've been pretty tight lipped on most players so far this window. Also it's from the Daily Fail. So I'd say there's little to no chance this is legit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

We've been pretty tight lipped on most players so far this window. Also it's from the Daily Fail. So I'd say there's little to no chance this is legit.

We really haven't 

Watkins, wilson, raschica, Martinet have all been in the press for weeks. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah i can't see him being a fan favourite for fiorentina anytime soon, he'll end up at Milan for a lot less than a premier league club would pay. England is the first stop for italian sporting directors wanting max value!

One of those players I must have seen play having seen Juventus several times in CL over the years but not a player I ever remember. 

Is he any good? Pretty dreadful record for Juve given they’ve been champions etc. Looks like he had one decent season for Fiorentina. Doesn’t seem a huge amount to get excited about. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We really haven't 

That’s speculation not leaks from the club. Watkins was a pretty obvious conclusion to jump to from any journalist and he’s the only one we’ve actually signed, so far anyway. 

Discussions with Villa regarding 29 year old Centre Midfielder Clement Grenier at Stade Rennais.

Porto and Galatasaray have also talked with the club regarding their interest.

Edited by Wes

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We really haven't 

Watkins was a clear number one target from the start, Wilson we were never in for him, Rashica we only know about because of Stacey and the Kosovan journalist who personally knows him, had nothing from British press. Martinez we only knew about weeks ago because of S-Platt, the concrete story only came out a few days ago, hence the thread only started a few days ago. 

I'd say we've done pretty well at keeping things quiet 👍 

• Like 1

Just now, villaglint said:

One of those players I must have seen play having seen Juventus several times in CL over the years but not a player I ever remember. 

Is he any good? Pretty dreadful record for Juve given they’ve been champions etc. Looks like he had one decent season for Fiorentina. Doesn’t seem a huge amount to get excited about. 

He was really good for a couple of years at fiorentina. He's technically very good, can create and score but looks like juve was a bad idea. Would be a gamble but he'd be at a knock down price and if he played to his potential he'd be worth double. 

13 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He'd be our best player bar Jack by an absolute mile. Very little chance it happens sadly

Just now, Mjvilla said:

Sorry, what does this mean? I don't do social media! 

I don’t do social media either, probably for the same reasons you don’t but I think the implication is that it’s quite likely to be a load of bollocks if it’s all over Twitter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

Discussions with Villa regarding 29 year old Centre Midfielder Clement Grenier at Stade Rennais.

Porto and Galatasaray have also talked with the club regarding their interest.

Is this who the guys were talking about on the podcast?

Clement Grenier's contract expires next year so would probably be a reasonably priced option.

I remember we were linked with him when he was at Lyon around 2014/15.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is this who the guys were talking about on the podcast?

Potentially - depending on how you interpreted the comments made on the podcast regarding the stature of player we were after. He would be a fine addition to the squad in my opinion.

Edited by Wes

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He was really good for a couple of years at fiorentina. He's technically very good, can create and score but looks like juve was a bad idea. Would be a gamble but he'd be at a knock down price and if he played to his potential he'd be worth double. 

I don't think he'd be a gamble at all if we could somehow get him (which we won't). He'd probably cost less than Watkins, and is infinitely more proven