Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I also see Leeds are going for Draxler, a player I'd love here, I'm starting to get rather jealous of them. 

What has Draxler done in the last few seasons?  

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Wow, you are an angry man. Calm down.

I just posted a link, make of it what you will.

No you didn't. You posted a link and added a byline "most neutrals don't rate this signing which is worrying"

I was thinking of adding holy **** this is the dumbest post I've seen on here in ages but thought I'd be polite

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he's told them to do one and basically laughed off their approach apparently. complete waste of everyone's time. i'm not jealous one bit...i'd be fuming if purslow was going for targets that are totally unrealistic when he could be spending his time on players that would actually sign for them

We'll see. I think it's highly unlikely too but Leeds are showing they mean business. And it's not like we haven't wasted time ourselves - over Watkins, over Wilson, possibly several others if rumours are true. 

Just now, tomav84 said:

seems like things are happening with watkins, martinez, and king. we sign those 3 it's turning into a very decent window (i know the latter has divided the crowd)

After seeing King xA and chances created numbers I've tempered my opinions and I was probably loudest Anti King poster which makes sense as Irish father I guess. He could probably do a job in front 3 outside Watkins 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

We'll see. I think it's highly unlikely too but Leeds are showing they mean business. And it's not like we haven't wasted time ourselves - over Watkins, over Wilson, possibly several others if rumours are true. 

trying to sign realistically obtainable targets and negotiating the best fee for us is not wasting time. so if we approached messi or ronaldo would that show we 'mean business'? leeds have zero chance of getting draxler, and it's efforts that should be spent elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No you didn't. You posted a link and added a byline "most neutrals don't rate this signing which is worrying"

I was thinking of adding holy **** this is the dumbest post I've seen on here in ages but thought I'd be polite

You don't exactly come across as smart yourself I'm not gonna lie. Football is a game of opinions anyway, I don't know what you're bringing politics into it for. Let's just ignore what anyone outside the club thinks then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Credit where credit is due Villa. Spurs interest was genuine but we acted quickly, stumped up the cash and got our man. Excellent work.

I've addressed this repeatedly on here. There was no Spurs interest until Football London (a laughable football opinion piece rumour site) did article saying Watkins would be perfect backup to Kane then other sites did according to Football London Spurs are interested in Watkins. Absolute nonsense from the get go. Levy would never pay that

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bose said:

Things are starting to heat up. Love it.

I'm most excited about who we will sign in central midfield. Hardly seen any links there.

I think we are gambling on McGinn recovering fitness and maybe integrating Ramsey

I dont think we will sign one unless pick up an injury

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Are you suggesting/expecting that we sign all of these players? If so, don’t think it’ll happen. Our squad is too big, wave budget would balloon and teams are playing hardball in this unprecedented market. 

The wave budget is out of control! 

hit the woah freaking out GIF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

You don't exactly come across as smart yourself I'm not gonna lie. Football is a game of opinions anyway, I don't know what you're bringing politics into it for. Let's just ignore what anyone outside the club thinks then.

That's a word salad of a response but moving on. Mate I ignore the majority of drongo Villa fans on FB and Twitter when it comes to what's best for Villa let alone random internet fans from all over the would voting on BBC site. I haven't even mentioned Ad Populum fallacy yet

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lot of people outside Villa dont rate Grealish. Does that mean its true

Loads of people rate Grealish. There's a few that think he's overrated, but even those people caveat it by saying they'd still want him in their team and he's got lots of talent. Most Man U fans want to sign the guy (and they're one of the most critical fanbases in the world), just not for £80m. 

8 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Why would we care what non-Villa fans think about Villa players in the first place?

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Credit where credit is due Villa. Spurs interest was genuine but we acted quickly, stumped up the cash and got our man. Excellent work.

How do you know this? Hopefully not because someone said it in the Athletic.

12 minutes ago, Hornso said:

God I hate the media because I not long read that hes due to have medical today.

28 million though the reported figure, Not so happy about breaking our Transfer record on a championship player, brentford yet again have seen us coming a mile off.

Why not bloody pay the extra 12 million an sign Edouard, are we on the same transfer planet as everyone else??